Genre: Scrolling Shooter
Theme: Science Fiction
Developer: Adventurous Productions
Game Modes: Single Player
What’s Cool about It
• Play as three completely different classes: Fighter; Survivor; and Trickster.
• Probably the only scrolling shooter where the scrolling speed of the screen is not fixed, but can be manipulated by the player, adding the possibility to do time trials besides the usual score hunting.
• While mostly side-scrolling, the view occasionally switches to top-view to enable more interesting gameplay situations.
• It’s not all about shooting, but also about maneuvering. The various environmental hazards underline this feature, which are not only deadly to you, but also to your enemies.
Fly through space and overcome a variety of enemies and obstacles as one of three completely different classes.
As the Fighter, fire a weapon that is very weak at start, but covers an increasingly larger area if you keep on destroying enemies. Additionally, you can copy the attacks of your enemies by destroying three of a kind in a row.
As the Survivor, gain energy by daring to get close to enemy attacks. Use this energy to either block attacks or wait for maximum energy to perform a screen-filling attack. If you manage to reach a high speed, your ship enters ghost-mode and becomes invincible.
Finally, as the Trickster, perform various risky maneuvers to unleash powerful attacks. Wield a boomerang that is deadly to your enemies, but takes away your control over your ship. Use energy to drag a box that inflicts great damage and returns enemy attack damage back at the enemy. Destroy your foes by simply crashing into them while having enough speed.
Learn to master Quick Slick Deadly through step-by-step missions and then show off the hard-core gamer within you with your perfected high-scores and excellent completion times. Are you ready to face a challenge?
Minimum System Requirements
• Windows 98, 2000, XP, Vista, 7 or 8 operating system
• 200 Mhz Pentium processor or higher
• 32 Mb RAM (256 Mb for XP, Vista, 7 and 8)
• Your display must support a minimum resolution of 1280 x 720.
• Windows Media Player must be installed on your computer.
Additional Information: For a complete, in-depth guide of the game, please download this PDF.
Recently, I have discovered that someone with the nickname of "awesomealiceallen" has written a long and detailed review of Quick Slick Deadly on ShinyLoot. To read it, please click on this image...
...and then click on "Read All Reviews" at the bottom of the right column.
I hereby thank awesomealiceallen from the bottom of my heart for putting so much effort in writing this review! It explains all the important aspects of the game and, in combination with the game description on the game's front page, can really help you decide whether Quick Slick Deadly is something for you or not. I encourage anyone with the slightest interest in the game to read this review that is written with so much care!
I would like to add, if anyone encounters any problems or difficulties while playing Quick Slick Deadly, please contact me! You can either send me a private message on Steam ( Steamcommunity.com ), on Twitter ( Twitter.com ), on YouTube ( Youtube.com ), or on the Quick Slick Deadly forum on ShinyLoot ( Shinyloot.com ). A big thank you to anyone who supports my game! :)
PS: Awesomealiceallen has also added a shortened version of her review here on IndieDB. At the time of writing this news post, with the addition of her review, Quick Slick Deadly's average rating should show an 8.2 based on 6 votes; but instead, it shows a 7.8 based on 5 votes. In other words, the avergae rating has not updated. I have contacted IndieDB about this matter, but have not received any reply yet.