NOWHERE (formerly known by its working title name "Project Ginshu") is an independently produced surreal creative defense game we are building. It features elements of strategy, construction, farming, puzzling and adventure. Set in an impossible universe, you explore, build, plant and defend your world on a trip through what some may call heaven and hell.
NOWHERE Alpha 54 is now available for players who are preordering / alphafunding the game. As usual, you'll find the new download on your account page.
Windows, Linux and Mac OS X builds are available.
- NEW: Full support for XBOX 360 Gamepads.
- NEW: Sound and music are back; shield absorber produces a dynamic effect (try colliding with walls).
- NEW: The menu has been simplified. A new settings menu allows to toggle fullscreen on/off.
- NEW: readme.txt contains a quickstart guide. Windows users beware: please open readme.txt in Wordpad (or any other editor), not Notepad for now. Notepad can't deal with UNIX line endings.
- NEW: A loading screen.
- NEW: Smoother transitions between menu and game.
- NEW: Logging output is always written to debuglog.txt
- FIX: On some systems, window resize events caused the game to crash.
- FIX: Shadermodel 1.30 was broken, which made the game fail with older Intel drivers.
Under The Hood:
- Support for libpd has been added to allow writing procedural audio soundtracks. libpd allows building complex synthesizer and effect DSP chains for dynamic acoustic feedback.
- Continous development on both editor and game as we move forward.
- Flesh out the colony in which the sentients will be living and create places where there's something to do.
- Drive the backstory forward and rearrange the gameplay around our new terrain techniques, starting with populating our space with the sentient swarm AI. The sentients are not hostile, but they inhabit the world, and interaction with them is a key element of the gameplay.
Latest tweets from @duangle
Just letting you know that one year ago, on this very day, Duangle was founded. Preorders for T.co are 20% off for today!
May 15 2013, 7:54am
New Alpha: NOWHERE - Alpha 54 - Synth T.co
Apr 28 2013, 9:22am
NOWHERE is on Steam Greenlight. We're giddy with excitement! T.co
Apr 24 2013, 6:19am
T.co now features a preorder counter.
Apr 24 2013, 4:18am
aaaaaand we're back.
Apr 23 2013, 6:30pm
We've hit our free traffic quota on Google App Engine. Hang tight everyone.
Apr 23 2013, 6:19pm
New Alpha: NOWHERE - Alpha 53 - Survival T.co
Apr 18 2013, 6:35pm
New Alpha: NOWHERE - Alpha 51 - Colony T.co
Apr 7 2013, 3:38pm
Oh hi. We added a new payment option for Nowhere alphafunding/preorders - you can now pay in Bitcoins T.co
Mar 29 2013, 5:14pm