Live a week in the life of "The Postal Dude"; a hapless everyman just trying to check off some chores. Buying milk, returning an overdue library book, getting Gary Coleman's autograph, what could possibly go wrong? Blast, chop and piss your way through a freakshow of American caricatures in this darkly humorous first-person adventure. Meet Krotchy: the toy mascot gone bad, visit your Uncle Dave at his besieged religious cult compound and battle sewer-dwelling Taliban when you least expect them! Endure the sphincter-clenching challenge of cannibal rednecks, corrupt cops and berserker elephants. Accompanied by Champ, the Dude's semi-loyal pitbull, battle your way through open environments populated with amazingly unpredictable AI. Utilize an arsenal of weapons ranging from a humble shovel to a uniquely hilarious rocket launcher. Collect a pack of attack dogs! Use cats as silencers! Piss and pour gasoline on anything and everyone! YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO!
This game is offensive, politically incorrect, and continually prompts the player to lose their temper and kill innocent (but annoying) bystanders. It's raw and unashamed of the lengths that it will go to offend those who dare to play it. That being said, this game kicks so much ***. Even with some of the glitches it has it is still a solid shooter that dared to go where other games wouldn't dream. this classic game helped pave the way for the kind of moral depravity that we have all grown to love in our modern games. Grade A work.
Just replayed this, along with the AW expansion, and before playing the brand new LP one. This game is:
- a good shooter, with nice good old gameplay - Half-Life style. Much better than nowadays shooters that are made for console gamers, with annoying gadgets such as automatic cover behind objects, radars or auto-healing.
- fun. Oh yeah, you can kill people and animals in this game. Like in all shooters ya know, but here without stupid fake justifications, and with STYLE. **** on them, make them vomit, then make them bleed hard, cut their heads, burn their bodies and **** on them again before some dog eats what remains (or just kill them like in other shooters, or don't kill them at all except the ones who attack you). Also, the storyline is fun.
- opened. Explore the city and pick up items wherever you want before doing your missions if you want. Have fun, freely.
- full of weapons. Dozens of weapons, some of them well hidden in the open city. Weapons from machete to nuclear rocket launcher, from gas to scissors, everything you need to kill people with style. Oh, and don't forget to attach a cat on the barrel of your shotgun. Yeah, you know how to do this.
- Bugged here and there, and not always making sense.