Lag, streamer and slow broadband friendly! Some new sounds and sprites added. Tiling system added. New options.
One man, one room, one purpose: Reach the goal. Complex simplicity in your hands! And what if you reach the exit, what then? It's up to you. Create new level, modify existing ones or download few new from web. Use wide variety of different blocks and trinkets to create your level. COMING LATER FOR MAC!
Portal Mortal - Version 0.1.0.2
Some of the major changes in this build are:
- Added option to toggle replays ON or OFF.
- Added small victory animation.
- Added "loading level"-text in multiplayer.
- Added option to disable taunts in multiplayer.
- Fixed inability to read signs in multiplayer.
- Fixed inability to start and stop server multiple times.
- Fixed rare case, where player would sometimes "float" even on the ground.
- Fixed level transferring bug in multiplayer.
- Replaced couple of portal sounds.
- Replaced couple of sprites.
- Removed zoom key.
- No longer vertical slowdown while jumping in portals.
- Signs are working better against the darkness.
- IP-field is set to be hidden until being selected.
- Playlists are now working in multiplayer.
- Tutorial changes.
- Clients are now sending much less data than before.
(These tiles are part of the custom Minecraft tileset I downloaded from the Internet. Author unknown.)
There isn't currently that much levels to play, so I'm planning to add couple of more... while adding improved sounds and graphics and working with multiplayer related issues. Also, I'd like to create better intro! Couple of setup screens and a bit better "first steps" should be enough for now.
Any feedback will be appreciated. Something about graphics? Express yourself! Found a bug/glitch? Tell that to me! Don't hold that valuable piece of information for yourself!
Latest tweets from @theismolaitela
5hours 46mins ago
@TristanParrish I can believe that. Boosts the atmosphere, no doubt about it!
9hours 17mins ago
@TristanParrish Of course not! As long as you don't claim it be yours or make money with it.
10hours 27mins ago
12hours 18mins ago
@Sllayt3r Gamedeving. Maybe later on playing some games.
12hours 27mins ago
12hours 46mins ago
@Kintinue and now it should be much more stable and secure what comes to multiplayer. :)
May 2 2015, 8:26am