I'm back! After a long month of updating P:SI to the latest version of Pokémon Essentials, I've come back with a video update and 2 new features!
First, the video:
Now, on to the new features: Achievements (mentioned in the video) and Spirit Statues.
Currently there are 17 achievements that the player can acquire - ranging from things like "walking 10,000 steps" to "land an attack that deals over 9000 damage". There are also ones for catching Pokémon, and finding hidden areas. The Achievements window can be accessed from the Pokégear.
I'm also open to any new ideas for achievements. So if you have a fun idea for an achievement, post it in the comments!
These ominous statues (graphic pending) are scattered around the island and function like the Guardian Stones in Skyrim. When activated by the player, they grant buffs to certain move types, and activate abilities and effects for use in or outside of battle.
The 9 Spirit Statues are as follows:
- Runner - Buffs NORMAL & GRASS moves, encounter probability while running decreases
- Warrior - Buffs FIGHTING & BUG moves, chance that a move uses 0 PP
- Assassin - Buffs DARK & GHOST moves, chance of causing opponent to flinch
- Monk - Buffs FIRE & DRAGON moves, happiness increases faster
- Alchemist - Buffs POISON & ICE moves, moves that inflict status ailments ALWAYS inflict them
- Guardian - Buffs ROCK & GROUND moves, multi-hit moves (i.e. Fury Attack) always attack 5 times
- Hunter - Buffs FLYING moves, increases probability of a critical hit
- Mechanist - Buffs STEEL & ELECTRIC moves, gives access to all boxes while at any storage box
- Healer - Buffs PSYCHIC & WATER moves, items and healing moves recover more health