In this video, I'll show you the different ways you can select a starter Pokémon.
- Typing in the name of a Pokémon will give you that Pokémon.
- Typing in the name of a type, like "fire" or "bug", will give you a Pokémon of that type.
- Typing in "random" will give you a completely random Pokémon.
- You can't select evolved Pokémon, but the game will automatically suggest its base form if you try and select one.
- Most common misspellings of Pokémon names are taken into account.
- You don't need to type in the gender symbols for Nidoran, it will ask you which gender you want to choose.
- All Pokémon will be given to you at level 5, with 150 happiness points so it will obey you from the get-go.