Sticking to our promise of updates every two weeks. Bear in mind that this will of course mean smaller scale updates, so don't expect as big a jump as 1.0 to 2.0 had.
If you don't have the launcher, be sure to grab it in the downloads section! Otherwise, just open your launcher and it will find the update on its own.
Anyway, here's what this update will consist of:
- This would be where the chunk of the time was spent. We now have a working, simple AI that will fight back when you try to battle it. We'll be evolving this system over time, but now we have a basic framework to build from, and can also take your suggestions into account.
- AI Pidgey can't fly yet. We know this, and it isn't a bug.
- This is also something in its baby steps, but basically - with Charmander and Pikachu - you can jump now. We'll add this feature to the other ground PKMN over time, but we more so just wanted to see how it would work first. Animations are iffy, but we'll fine tune them as we go, like most things.
- Not all of the current in-game Pokémon can jump, yet, although they're intended to be able to in the future.
- Various bugs have been addressed, and although not all of them are fixed, we've started to dent the armor some, so expect these to be a gradual thing as well.
- There is now a controls.txt file included with the game. I'm a derp and forgot it last time, sorry!
- We've improved the camera a bit, and also made it remember your previous lock-on choice so it won't auto-lock with each newly clicked enemy.
- Everyone will have to reset prior to capturing or sending out a Pokémon, due to some slight reworking. This is intended. If you do NOT reset, it'll just break your game until you do.
That's it for this update. As I said, they'll be smaller from now on, but most likely each will be aimed at one specific feature (in this case AI), while smaller stuff is done on the side.