Platinum Arts Sandbox is the game design tool based on the Cube 2 engine that allows users to quickly and easily create and edit their own worlds in game, even cooperatively. It is free, open source, and easy to use for Kids and Adults!
The 2.2.4 release fixes some important bugs and offers some new enhancements. You can download it here
Here are the goodies:
* Fixed entity editing in coop mode
* Rotoscope cartoon shader added, try /rotoscope 1 (thanks Eihrul!!)
* Fullscreen shader overhaul and now multile shaders can be active at one time (Thanks again Eihrul!!)
* Easy to add new textures, they don't require an extension anymore
* A Mac build thanks to Pbxor
* Many more "under the hood" fixes to Sandbox and MovieCube
Also in some random fun news here is a video of some fun I had working with the new RPG. (NOTE YOUTUBE LINK).
If you are interested in learning more about the RPG check out our help section . Feel free to brainstorm with us either using the wiki in the brainstorming page or in IRC at Kids.platinumarts.net KIDS MUST HAVE PARENTAL PERMISSION Anyone new to Sandbox be sure to check out the tutorial video :D
Take care and enjoy this new version! Please report any bugs you encounter :D