Expect a new release of Sandbox in the next few weeks! We're very excited to welcome our new coder team member Graphitemaster whom has created a vehicle mode! I'm also very excited to annouce our new forum moderator Tyche and our forum support team Arcones, Gr1m, Leo_V117, and Venima! Very nice to have these additions to our team and we appreciate their hard work. Hirato has also been hard at work as always and is reworking the RPG mode to much more usable!
Craving more Sandbox news? Well now we have a new Sandbox Blog that will have a feature every Sunday, making Sunday Super Spectacular Sandbox Sunday!
We could really use someone to help us compile Mac builds. If you are interested please e-mail us and/or stop into our chatroom.
Interested in playing a fun free RPG? Damian over at The Golden Coin has released v.300 with some great features including Save Games!
Key Features Of The Upcoming Sandbox Release:
* Vehicle Mode with GTA style of being able to enter and exit vehicles. A community member has already adapted this mode to create flyable planes!
* Widget Based User Interface aka much easier to customize
* Reworked the RPG mode including improving the minimap and being able to polymorph!
* Revised directory structure. Maps go into their appropriate gamemode.
* In game video recording menu to easier record your Sandbox advetures!
* SMD and IQM model support
* Ask upon exit if you want to save.
* Tons of bugfixes including a workaround for that nasty ATI Graphics card crashing problem due to their bad drivers.
If you want to have your maps or other content in Sandbox for this release it needs to be submitted soon! The media wanted list will be updated but in general we could use:
* Fun Maps for Vehicle Mode
* Any fun and interesting maps that help show the world what Sandbox is capable of!
* Models and textures content that can be used commercially so that we can replace the noncommercial content
* Suggestions on ways to improve Sandbox
* Spreading the word and telling people about Sandbox. Also every webpage that Sandbox is linked on is a big deal but no spamming please! :)