„Rob 202EW to Mara E33LM. Riots in LabSec. Due to recent events, I can't hide him anymore. I can't waste all my work, just can't! I closed the room from inside. I hope no one (and especially NOTHING) gets here. Anyway, check him when we're gone. Code is: 4377."
- An enemy that always evolves and adapt to your actions.
- A sandbox-like environment where you decide how you explore the spaceship and its secrets.
- A non-linear gameplay which gives you many ways to finish the game.
- Improvised equipment of items found on a spaceship.
- A background story inspired by Lovecraft's works.
- Coop mode which allows you to survive on Phantaruk with a friend.
- VR support.
Evolution of ‘Phantaruk’ was an interesting experience. It turned out that the final vision of the game.Despite appearance of newwe know what we stand on.
Firstly, I would like to tell you about evolution of graphics. At the beginning, we wanted to make a 3D game based only on pixel art. Shortly after, we faced various issues, e.g. we wanted to show a little element (let’s say batteries) but the number of pixels per dimension unit was too small to Some time later, we decided to improve the graphical style and add more pixels. It turned out pretty cool (see: the picture below) but it still wasn’t it. Finally, we left pixel art and choosed realistic style.
Of course, difficulty in presenting some of the elements wasn’t the main problem. We decided for this step mostly because we want to have the biggest possible immersion. We want the player to empthise with the main protagonist.
Below, you can see a screen with the progress of changes in graphics of Phantaruk.
Second issue, more important than how the game looks. is mechanics. We implemented changes, some of are:
Some additional info:
That’s all for now.
See you next time.And don’t forget to like us here: www.facebook.com/phantaruk