Overgrowth takes place in the savage world of Lugaru where rabbits, wolves and other animals are forced to use paws, claws and medieval weaponry to engage each other in battle. Combining 3rd person adventure platforming with intricate melee combat, Overgrowth achieves a unique feel. Overgrowth also benefits from Wolfire's brand new Phoenix Engine which has been built from the ground up to allow the use of cutting edge graphics, animation, and physics. Add to these exciting features Overgrowth’s realistic artificial intelligence and streamlined control system and the result is an astoundingly immersive experience.
In this video, David highlights a new item attachment system that he has added to the game.
Posted by jeffr on Aug 20th, 2012
Here is the latest in our new weekly Overgrowth alpha format! David himself took some time to illustrate the traditional changelog in video form.
Don't forget that you can help support us, try out our weekly alphas (such as the one in the video), and chat with other preorderers in the Secret Preorder Forum by preordering Overgrowth.
The features highlighted in the above video are as follows (among some extra ones thrown in for good measure):
- Items can be attached to individual weapon slots
- Multiple items can be attached to each character
- Fixed memory corruption error when item connections are removed
- Fixed problem with saving and loading item connections
- Improved immediate-mode UI system
- Rebuilt linux32 awesomium to fix linux crashes on 32-bit Linux (Edward Rudd)
Also, feel free to support us by preordering Overgrowth!
If you liked this video, be sure to subscribe below.