Overgrowth takes place in the savage world of Lugaru where rabbits, wolves and other animals are forced to use paws, claws and medieval weaponry to engage each other in battle. Combining 3rd person adventure platforming with intricate melee combat, Overgrowth achieves a unique feel. Overgrowth also benefits from Wolfire's brand new Phoenix Engine which has been built from the ground up to allow the use of cutting edge graphics, animation, and physics. Add to these exciting features Overgrowth’s realistic artificial intelligence and streamlined control system and the result is an astoundingly immersive experience.
Check out this video from David showing off new features including multi-bladed weapons, detail textures, materials, and detail objects live update from level xml, detail objects have min/max embed and scale values, detail objects have controllable view distance, and more!
Posted by jeffr on Feb 6th, 2012
Here is the latest in our new weekly Overgrowth alpha format! David himself took some time to illustrate the traditional changelog in video form.
Don't forget that you can help support us, try out our weekly alphas (such as the one in the video), and chat with other preorderers in the Secret Preorder Forum by preordering Overgrowth.
The features highlighted in the above video are as follows (among some extra ones thrown in for good measure):
- Weapons can stick with multiple blades
- Detail textures, materials, and detail objects live update from level xml
- Detail objects have min/max embed and scale values
- Detail objects have controllable view distance
- Fixed problem with detail objects in split-screen
- Fixed missing struggle when choking
- Fixed crash when deleting attached weapons
- Fixed problem with weapon sticking
Also, feel free to support us by preordering Overgrowth!
If you liked this video, be sure to subscribe below.