Overgrowth takes place in the savage world of Lugaru where rabbits, wolves and other animals are forced to use paws, claws and medieval weaponry to engage each other in battle. Combining 3rd person adventure platforming with intricate melee combat, Overgrowth achieves a unique feel. Overgrowth also benefits from Wolfire's brand new Phoenix Engine which has been built from the ground up to allow the use of cutting edge graphics, animation, and physics. Add to these exciting features Overgrowth’s realistic artificial intelligence and streamlined control system and the result is an astoundingly immersive experience.
This video devlog features a bunch of AI development, along with neat visualizations to see exactly how it works. HD video inside!
Posted by jeffr on Mar 22nd, 2011
Here is the latest in our new weekly Overgrowth alpha format! David himself took some time to illustrate the traditional changelog in video form.
Don't forget that you can help support us, try out our weekly alphas (such as the one in the video), and chat with other preorderers in the Secret Preorder Forum by preordering Overgrowth.
Be sure to watch it in HD!
The features highlighted in the above video are as follows (among some extra ones thrown in for good measure):
- AI characters only notice targets within their field of view
- AI characters cannot see through walls
- AI characters are alerted by sounds
- AI characters keep an internal guess of where the target is when out of sight
- Fixed "Movement id -1 not found" error
- More efficient and accurate loading, copying and pasting
- Actor-waypoint connections are invisible in gameplay mode
- Fixed some problems loading decals from level files
- Copied objects get unique IDs
- Fixed some physics update problems, especially for groups
- Weapons use hard-spec shader even when not used as physics items
Also, feel free to support us by preordering Overgrowth!