Overgrowth takes place in the savage world of Lugaru where rabbits, wolves and other animals are forced to use paws, claws and medieval weaponry to engage each other in battle. Combining 3rd person adventure platforming with intricate melee combat, Overgrowth achieves a unique feel. Overgrowth also benefits from Wolfire's brand new Phoenix Engine which has been built from the ground up to allow the use of cutting edge graphics, animation, and physics. Add to these exciting features Overgrowth’s realistic artificial intelligence and streamlined control system and the result is an astoundingly immersive experience.
New features including Color tint (xml and in-game color picker) with overbright, active block, camera control in character script, smooth camera distance interpolation, and more!
Posted by jeffr on Jan 25th, 2011
Here is the latest in our new weekly Overgrowth alpha format! David himself took some time to illustrate the traditional changelog in video form.
Don't forget that you can help support us, try out our weekly alphas (such as the one in the video), and chat with other preorderers in the Secret Preorder Forum by preordering Overgrowth.
Be sure to watch it in HD!
The features highlighted in the above video are as follows (among some extra ones thrown in for good measure):
- Color tint (xml and in-game color picker) with overbright
- Active block is working again (tap r-click)
- Camera control in character script
- Limits on camera rotation
- Scriptable camera roll and shake
- Smooth camera distance interpolation
- Export and import camera animation from Blender
- DDS conversion tool for smoother deployment
- "Remove unused actions" blender script
Also, feel free to support us by preordering Overgrowth!