‘ORION: Dino Beatdown’ is an Open World, Class-Based Cooperative Survival Sci-Fi FPS. The game puts five (5) players together in huge, endless environments in which they must work together to accomplish objectives and survive the devastating Dinosaur horde.
EDIT: I tried the game with the latest critical fix patch, and now its somewhat enjoyable. Everything seems to be pretty much fixed, although gameplay still could be improved...
WHY SPIRAL 9 STUDIOS!! WHY did you have to ruin such a great game?!?!!!
I was hoping this game would be the true sequel to the original Mod, Orion. Dear God I can't believe I was so wrong....
The game is incredibly broken, and is possibly a waste of the $10 price-tag, depending if you can look past the insane amount of glitches, poor looking game, and horrible design choices.
- You can kill dinosaurs, and drive around in somewhat "cool" vehicles.
- Can be fun with friends; if you can connect.
- A horrid game full of glitches.
- The game looks horrible; and is displeasing to look at.
- The weapons feel like toys against the dinosaurs; and it seems almost impossible to get to a high wave.
- The game never feels intense; and it constantly felt like a chore to find the dinosaurs, since their AI was completely horrid, and would be nowhere near the players.
- The whole "you can only get money by killing dinos" mechanic is horrible. For the most part people will only get to use the pistol.
- The matchmaking for multiplayer has too many connection issues.
- Not enough maps, and the maps they do have are boring and lack the "open-world" aspect that they praise; and talk about in their advertisements.
- Not to mention a ton of stolen assets from other video games.