While this release is mostly about fixing papercuts there is some progress about the next evolutionary step of the OpenRA engine going on in the background.
Posted by Milanium on May 10th, 2013
- Added debug information about the MIX file stream position to debug strange header decryption problems on Windows.
- Fixed the C&C options sub-menu displaying the title of the last game played instead of "Options".
- Removed local pause order lag delay.
- Changed Red Alert badger bomber health has been increased.
- Changed Allied cruiser can now move 33% faster.
- Changed Soviet missile sub can now fire more accurate.
- Changed Red Alert mammoth tank cannons and missiles have been buffed.
- Changed Now the oldest, not newest player is promoted to an admin when the current one leaves the dedicated server.
- Fixed server messages being indistinguishable from player chat.
- Changed Bots will now surrender when the controlling client drops.
- Fixed broken in-game player stats in Dune 2000.
- Fixed crash when changing color in C&C settings menu.
- Fixed "Nuclear" overbright player colors that break the remapping are now disallowed and also can't be hacked in manually into settings.yaml
- Changed C&C nuclear missile launch sound to "nuclear missile approaching" notification.
- Changed C&C construction yard cooldown to 3 s (was 4 s)
- Removed hard-coded actor strings from crate drop trait.
- Fixed Singleplayer game remains paused when opening/closing menu quickly.
- Fixed Dune 2000 for people who used the Red Alert assets from the original CD.
- Changed Sardaukar HP increased 80 to 100.
- Changed Dune 2000 damage of siege tanks vs. turrets increased.
- Changed Dune 2000 tanks will do 100% damage vs. light vehicles.
- Removed Ordos deviator as it converted units permanently which is too strong.
- Changed Dune 2000 siege tank turret to rotate again and adjusted the offset accordingly.
- Changed Dune 2000 rocket tank weapon stats and rotation speed has been weaked slightly.
- Added a larger version the Dune Boogie map.
- Removed dirt patches from Dune 2000 repair bay.
- Changed Range of Dune 2000 tower missile has been redueced slightly.
- Changed Enemy anti-tank/person mines are now targetable and destructable when revealed by a mine layer:
Not until the next stable release, but in the near future:
- A gamefile browser/viewer/converter to help modders.
- Native support for Dune 2000 .R8 format without conversion steps.
- Support for Tiberian Sun/Red Alert 2 file formats (SHP, VXL/HVA and MIX are done)