Who: Teams of 2. This is a 2vs2 tournament.
What: We will be using the 20120504 build of OpenRA. Download it for
When: Saturday, March 16th 2013 @ 12:00PM EST (GMT -5) Till 8PM EST. Tournament will continue at 12:00PM EST on the 17th if all matches are not played.
Where: You may join up on the time of the matches in 3 places.
- Ventrilo: JBX Gaming Service - 220.127.116.11 Port 5004
- IRC: irc.freenode.net Channel #TCN
- TCN Steam Chat Group: TCN Steam Page
Why: This tournament will be used to see if the Open Source reimplementation of classic Westwood games is suitable for league play. OpenRA has been ported to a modern rendering backend and rebalanced it for e-Sport needs while maintaining the nostalgic feeling of C&C: Red Alert 1.
Additional Notes: The following information is required to play in the game.
1. You must registered your team with both players in the forum.
2. You must have port TCP/UDP 1234 open on your router and firewall to play.
3. You must show up on time to proceed with play.
4. Replays of the match must be saved and uploaded after each match.
5. No shows counts as a forfeit.
6. This is single Elimination. Once your dead. Your out.
7. Player/Host Crash or Drop will result in a REMATCH, If player does not Reconnect it will be Considered a Forfeit.
8. Administrator holds the right to change maps, rules, deadlines, or terms at any time before start of even.
Footage from the last competitive events:
To see what will be awaiting you can watch an old tape of the live cast from the previous tournament.
State of play for casusal gamers
Even if you don't want to join tournaments right away, be sure to join the public servers for some instant actions: