In my little spare time in the past month I have make some progress to OOK:
1.) Added GLSL Shader topport to textures. Now every texture gets access to a shader, which means I can finally add some of those fancy effects that I want.
2.) Added support for Full-screen Shaders. In addition to the per-texture shader, now post-effects can be done on the completed render buffer. The depth-buffer is also saved, in case I may end up using that.
3.) Rewrote the State Manager in C. Previously the State Manager was in C++ because Gwen (GUI) is C++. This didn't lend itself to the rest of the code, which is C, so I rewrote it. The rewrite ended up getting rid of a few extra files and saving me a bunch of lines of code. It also greatly streamlined laying out interfaces. I can now lay an interface in a matter of a few minutes with minimal code. Previously it took over 5 times as long to do so.
4.) Defined a better structure for the "Game" "object". Now I can pass all of the resources and managers wherever I need with ease, which has made progress much easier.
5.) Added Chipmunk physics support. Around last update, I had put the physics engine into the game, but didn't do much in terms of hooking it up. I now have it mostly hooked up and ready for the loader to add objects to it. My next step here is to finish implementing some of my "developer mode" functionality - specifically the bit that lets me easily outline models so that I can add their physics boundaries to the model list.