Today I'd like to introduce everyone to this third OOK Gameplay Video. I have help off on posting until this video because I wanted to show off a bunch of features at once. The game's code is progressing pretty fast and I am sure I will have a playable demo in the next couple of weeks.
Quick overview of the features in the below video:
- Startup splash screen
- Main menu + working menu buttons
- Flying based on real forces and masses
- Spread/contract 2-finger zooming in and out
- Interactive HUD with iphone keyboard-like behavior
- Clickable Radar, Map, and Info buttons
- Interactive map + 2-finger dragging and one-finger system selection
- Automatically charging Shield/Armor/Battery/Capacitor bars
Under the hood - All loadable data will be contained within Property List files (including save games), which makes it super easy for me to add and import data with a custom function called 'Plist(char *name);'
What is to come?
By monday or tuesday I am hoping to have quite a few new features done. Right now I have support for spawn points, which are where AI, stations, etc will be located. I need to continue by making my AI objects and then have them spawn according to certain parameters that are given to each system. Once dynamic spawning is complete, I will build the radar. The radar will simply display x map units of ships condensed into approx. 150x150px onscreen. It should be relatively easy.