Olvand is a little multiplayer sandbox RPG, where the players live in self-built towns and can go on all kinds of adventures together. Imagine living with your friends in a small town in the mountains, or creating a new group of friends in a pub in the metropole you all live in. There will be several mini-games the inhabitants of a server can play together, among which will be combat based games like King of the Hill or Capture the Flag. You will be able to play against other people in your city, or as a city against another city, or as a whole server against another server. The combat works with self-built guns, in which all kinds of powers can be combined to create unique effects.
In this post I write about how the next update is almost done, and about what I plan to do once it's ready
Posted by Woseseltops on Dec 7th, 2012
Hi everyone! This week I've been fixing some last loose ends, and trying to get the new update out as fast as I can. Racing is done, and fishing is almost done. If I don't finish it this weekend, I'll finish it next weekend (but remember my theorem actual programming time = expected programming time^2). Once I'm ready, this is what I plan to do:
1. Upload it to Desura, and wait for it to get accepted.
2. Once it is online, inform the server admins, so they can update and activate their servers again.
3. Once at least one server is online, invite the next group of testers (all at once, the splitting I did before turned out not to be necessary at all).
4. Release another build or two, only focussing on bug fixes and balancing, on the basis of feedback. After each new release, a new test group will be invited.
5. [As you know], I let some features out of the new minigames to be able to release the new update earlier. Once everything works and is fun, I'll start implementing this more detailed stuff. Most requested first, of course.
6. Once the most requested stuff is in, I'll start working on integrating everything with the achievement system and make the achievement system more visible in general. What I've got right now is a bit sad:
7. Once the minigames are working, balanced, and fun, I'll pick another focus area. This will very likely be: TOWNS!