At long last, the NEO Scavenger Demo has been updated!
I've just finished uploading new demo build v0.949d. This build includes several new features, bug fixes, and gameplay tweaks. It's the first demo update since March 2012! The many updates include:
- Combat - The combat system has been totally redesigned, and offers much more depth and strategy now. Plus, no more one-shot punch death!
- Wounds and Treatment - All creatures now have a deep wounding and healing system. Staunch bleeding with bandages, clean them with disinfectant, splint broken bones...and watch you don't pass out from the pain!
- Day/Night Overhaul - The game now has four distinct times of day: dawn, day, dusk, and night. Light levels change as the sun sets, so watch you don't get caught in the dark without a torch or campfire!
- Campsites - Finally, a place to hole up for the night, and stash your stuff!
- Plus Much More - New items, crafting recipes, illnesses, and the ability to run, hide, cover tracks, and spy!
As you can probably see, it's a pretty big update. There is no time limit in the demo, though you will be unable to save your game. Also, the area of play is limited to the southwest portion of the map.
Pre-purchase beta access for full access to the map, save games, and more encounters. Plus regular updates with more features and content!
Have fun! And as always, feel free to give me a shout in the forums if you have any feedback or troubles!