The reviewers say: "I would entirely recommend this game, it’s hours of fun and will not wear out quick. Each twist and turn, every near-miss, you’ll be clinging onto your mouse for dear life!" -Bytten "MMEOR dispenses away with any backstory and just lays on the action – the kind that is fast and furious." -GamesWarp Monster Minis Extreme Off-Road lays on the nitrous in a big way and gets some serious air off with retro racing that takes off-road in new directions. A retro look and a surreal style are only the beginning of the ways that this single-player title takes you back to when racing was a personal experience for as long as you could handle it. With a whopping 90 tracks over 18 themes, you'll be racing for hours and hours before you finish this game on the first run.

Forum Thread
Linux Mint Debian 64 - issue with libraries (Games : Monster Minis Extreme Off-Road : Forum : Ask For Help : Linux Mint Debian 64 - issue with libraries) Locked
Thread Options
Mindwedge
Mindwedge Senior Director
Mar 11 2013 Anchor

Progressor reported:

I'm not able to play the demo on Linux Mint Debian 64. First I
got various errors of missing *.so files that I got rid of by
installing the *:386 version (multiarch) of them. But now I'm stuch with
libc:
./MonsterMinis.sh

./mmeor-linux-demo.bin: /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libm.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.15' not found (required by ./mmeor-linux-demo.bin)

./mmeor-linux-demo.bin: /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.15' not found (required by ./mmeor-linux-demo.bin)

------------------------------------------------

Progressor:

It sounds like either LMDE has an older version of libc.so.6 than Ubuntu 12.04 or it's not installed...

Can you run "ldd -v mmeor-linux-demo.bin" and post the output?

Thanks,
Ed

Edited by: Mindwedge

Mar 11 2013 Anchor

Same problem with Debian 6 32-bit and demo of the game. Yes, most of libraries in any Debian branch are in older version than in Ubuntu 12.04.

Most simple and most popular working solution: you could just bundle libraries with the game.

Alternative: make the Linux builds on Debian 6 (current stable/release branch).

Mindwedge
Mar 12 2013 Anchor

It may be possible to include include the newer libc.so.6/libc-2.15 library with the installation, or compile it in statically so it doesn't need a shared lib... assuming libc itself doesn't depend on other stuff. Thanks for your patience... we will come up with a solution ASAP.

In the meantime, you should be able to grab a copy of libc-2.15.so (from Ubuntu 12.04 LTS or another flavor), make a link to it called libc.so.6, and set LD_LIBRARY_PATH in the start script (MonsterMinis.sh) and see if that makes it work.

Mar 15 2013 Anchor

Mindwedge wrote: It may be possible to include include the newer libc.so.6/libc-2.15 library with the installation, or compile it in statically so it doesn't need a shared lib... assuming libc itself doesn't depend on other stuff. Thanks for your patience... we will come up with a solution ASAP.

In the meantime, you should be able to grab a copy of libc-2.15.so (from Ubuntu 12.04 LTS or another flavor), make a link to it called libc.so.6, and set LD_LIBRARY_PATH in the start script (MonsterMinis.sh) and see if that makes it work.

Tried that, did not work.

Mindwedge
Mar 18 2013 Anchor

Any technical info you might provide besides "did not work" would likely be helpful (while we try to duplicate your issue). Thanks...

-- Ed

Mar 18 2013 Anchor

No prob..
Privatepaste.com
And ldd output
Privatepaste.com

Edited by: hardpenguin

Mar 19 2013 Anchor

Thanks! I'm getting a Debian 6.0.7 (stable) system set up to do some testing with this. We're also trying to track down a "libGL" issue that some folks are seeing on some systems.

I see that the game is linking /usr/lib/libGL.so.1 on your system... do you have proprietary drivers installed? They usually end up in /usr/lib/nvidia-310 or similar... and libGL.so.1 gets linked via an added ldconfig path from there.

Can you post output for "LD_LIBRARY_PATH=. ldd -v mmeor-linux-demo.bin"?

Also, what paths are listed in the files in /etc/ld.so.conf.d?

Thanks,

--Ed

Mar 19 2013 Anchor

Yes, I have NVIDIA card and I'm using proprietary drivers.

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=. ldd -v mmeor-linux-demo.bin

with Ubuntu libraries inside the folder just gives segfault

Um and I'm not sure how is that relevant but in my /etc/ld.so.conf.d files there are those paths:
/lib/i486-linux-gnu
/usr/lib/i486-linux-gnu
/usr/local/lib

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.