Here are your updates this week for Alpha 6
- Added controls information in game, accessible by keypress
- Added autotile feature to dungeon with new, easier to read chipset
- All monster data is handle externally, allowing for easy inplementation of new monster data without digging into the game code
- Improved gameplay speeds
- Increased animation speeds on various sprites
- Gameplay and combat have been drastically optimized
- Added page burn effects to the Crawler's Tome, accessible by pressing spacebar
- Added an overlay effect for when the player takes damage
- Fixed a bug causing the minimap to display over the Crawler's Tome
- Added breakable barrels full of goodies
- Pressing ESC key no longer closes the game, you must now click the close button on the window bar
- Fullscreen is now toggleable by pressing alt+enter instead of F4
- Resolution has been bumped up to 1024*768 to alleviate strange pixelation errors
- Monster data is now saved externally
- Fishing soundtrack has been updated
- Item and monster placement in the dungeons have been improved
- In-house editing tools.
- Gamepad support being implemented.
I was also able to get a hold of a Japanese Net Yaroze at the Portland Retro Gaming Expo. Very exciting! Sadly, though, I was unaware at the time of the second box, which can be seen here in this image; Holds all of the necessary cables, cards, discs, and books in order to make the actual system usable as a development kit. If someone here knows about this, or is able to find one in the attic or something, please contact Wolfgame 0 -at- gmail. Chris, myself, French Rice Games(!), and The Portland Indie Game Squad would be much appreciative if you were able to find the second box.