Mine Blocks 2 is a 2D block-based adventure game. While it can be compared to games such as Terraria and Minecraft, it has it's own premise and gameplay. In this game, you are in a vast (infinite) world, forced to conquer nature in order to live. Gather the resources hidden within the planet to create and do anything out of the unlimited possibilities. The game modes will include survival, creative, story mode, and multiplayer.
It is finally time... for the biggest Mine Blocks 2 update ever!! (It's free, in your browser!)
After 2 years of development, Mine Blocks 2 0.7 has finally been released! Since the last update, the game changed so much that it looks almost completely different! Here's what's new (the complete changelog is below):
Walk on forever without ever hitting a border in this brand new world generator! There are dozens of new blocks, and a total of 11 biomes to explore. The world is also really deep, so there is plenty caves to mine in. You can find bonus chests in caves filled with loot!
Realistic dynamic lighting!
No longer can you see all the blocks at once - Mine Blocks 2 now has an awesome lighting engine! It supports sunlight, moonlight, and differently colored light sources (lava, torches, glowing flowers, etc). In the settings you can choose what pixelation style you like the best. It looks so nice!
Inventory - crafting, cooking, chest...ing!
You can now open your inventory and move things around! The crafting interface is unique, but very simple - combine different items to create new things! The campfire was added to introduce cooking and smelting. Chests were also added to help when your inventory gets full of blocks and items.
Many new blocks and items!
With the introduction of infinite worlds and an inventory/crafting system, there MUST be a lot of new blocks and items! Well there is! The full list is in the changelog below. Are you up for the challenge to make the biggest, most expensive survival house ever!?
So much more!!
Definitely read the list below with all the features!
(The texture pack here is a concept by Gapbrick)
Mine Blocks 2 0.7 changelog:
- Infinite world generation
- Dynamic lighting
- Day/night cycle
- Clouds, sun, moons, and sky
- Save and load games
- Inventory view (press E)
- Redesigned menu
- Language options
- German (many thanks to Gapbrick!)
- Support for right clicking or context based interaction
- Particle settings
- Texture packs save when you exit the game
- Pause menu (press ESC)
- 7 new biomes:
- Orange tree forest
- Birch tree forest
- Red flower plains
- Mushroom plains
- Cotton field
- Hills and mountains
- Ability to edit background layer
- Updated main character animation
- Hide GUI button (press F1)
- Screenshot button (press F2)
- Debug screen (press F3)
- Changed button sound effects
- Hold shift when double jumping for no-clip flying in creative
New blocks and items:
- Chests and battered chests to store items
- Campfire for cooking and smelting
- Tools (wood, stone, iron, and diamond tiers for pickaxes, axes, shovels, and swords)
- Ladder (does laddery things)
- Sticks (from wooden planks)
- Torch (haz flamez)
- Small rock (used in crafting recipes)
- Coal drop and charcoal (for torches and fuel)
- Copper ore
- Diamond, iron ingot, gold ingot, copper ingot
- Iron block, gold block
- Copper and gold coins (useless)
- Cotton plants (to make wool)
- Cob webs and string (also to make wool)
- Spikes (deal damage)
- Bulb flower (emits light)
- X-stone brick
- Mossy cobblestone
- Mossy stone bricks
- Pebbled sand
- Pebbled dirt
- 3 new types of rock
- Short "wet" vines
- Wool: white, grey, green, black, cyan, blue, light green, pink, red, orange, yellow, violet, purple, brown
- Different lengths of grass, bushes and flower patches
- Tall red flower
- Tall mushroom
- A boulder, because why not!
- Birch and orange trees
- Planks and saplings for these trees
- Removed fake multiplayer option from April Fools' Day 2013
- Disabled zombies because they weren't fun yet
WHEW! Lots of stuff! I bet the next update wont take as long as this one did. ;)
I hope you have a lot of fun! And please have happy April Fools' Day!
I've been making significant progress with the back-end code of Mine Blocks 2, adding procedurally generated terrain, dynamic smooth (and block) lighting...
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.