Men of War: Assault Squad features a completely new cooperative skirmish game mode with access to five different nations (Russia, Germany, USA, Commonwealth and, for the first time ever in the Men of War series, Japan) as well as increased realism and accessibility.
An overhaul of original skirmish made by DMS in the game, USA Carentan. In this version you play as UK, there are extra items/infantry that you can buy depending what flags you capture. Enemy offers a variety of dangerous counter attacks + suprises!. Further, Enemy is able to recrew and repair some of their more important armor much more than in the past.
- added extra (4th) counter that occurs mid game and features paratrooper plane hard landing, paratroopers will try to infiltrate behind your lines.
- all the static vehicles such as howtzers and jagpanther now move around their zone instead of just holding same spot.
- Artillery is now limited use, you only have 10 uses, this prevents just waiting and artying everything, now you have to choose it wisely and use other options.
- minor fixes...
- after all the counter attacks (4) are done, ai can bring 1 additional unit in last ditch effort to hold german lines.
- large overhaul to the ai counters, there are more counters now and each have few unique enemy units.
- all counters occur on all difficulties, so watch out!
- commandos can be ordered twice properly now, it was borked before...
- tweaked enemy repair stuff, especially so they want to fix their sturm tiger more.
- increased overall difficulty of the skirmish/small general fixes.
- added various infantry reinforcements for purchase.
- added few more armor/support choices based on flags held.
- small changes to enemy reinforcements...etc.
- altered main menu and loading music when mod is loaded.