A beat 'em up/platforming/fighting game hybrid with an electro style. You can smack guys, attach their parts and get their abilities!

Forum Thread
A little bit on update 11 (Games : Megabyte Punch : Forum : Feedback : A little bit on update 11) Locked
Thread Options
Apr 14 2013 Anchor

So I've been playing through the game on update 11 a little bit so far, here's what I've run into, as well as a few of my impressions.

The good:

-First off, the menu looks utterly fantastic! It's just a pleasure to look at and matches the feeling of the game quite well.

-As a guy who mainly uses bombs, I appreciate the decreased time, as well as the lack of a mist cloud for the poison considerably. Makes my life a little easier not having multiple clouds onscreen that I can't place bombs in.

-Also, I love the shockwaves. Them triggering bombs is also pretty nice.

-The new teleport just feels awesome. Gives a nice, satisfying "smack" sound.

-Being able to explore the houses adds quite a bit more life to the village.

-I love the little hint you guys put there. You know the one. Yeah. THAT hint. Little things like that leave the feeling like there's always more to be uncovered. It's a great feeling unlike what we tend to get from games today.

-The arrows are really helpful, actually. Getting lost is an issue no longer!

-Boss doors? Thank you oh so much. You guys are awesome.

-Could blasters always be aimed diagonally downward?

-Huh, that pit of sand in the multiplayer stage seems pretty unfamiliar... :P

The Not So Good:

-Ever since this update, I've had some sort of issue where small enemies have been stuck in the floor. (Currently for levels 1-3. I haven't checked the rest.) It's easy enough to kick them out, but it's definitely worth mentioning.

-The new mini boss is definitely awesome and looks cool, but it's far too easy to defeat. Each attack only does around 10 damage and unlike regular enemies it doesn't seem to attack as often, as quickly, or use any abilities. Perhaps you could make it move faster, increase its damage, increase its attack frequency, increase the area covered by its attacks, give it actual abilities, or some combination of those?

Perhaps it may already do some of those, but I've yet to encounter any of those abilities being used. My mistake if so.

-While the arrows are a great addition, sometimes the placement is a little TOO revealing. For instance, in one of the megaclopolis stages there's a junction, but there's also an arrow pointing upward! It's basically a flashing sign saying "Go in the other direction first, there's probably a secret here!", where in any other case the player would either go in one direction and continue with the stage, or go in the other direction, hit the secret, then by process of elimination realize "Oh, hey, there's only one other place I can go", and then go in the correct direction. That's probably the only instance here I've encountered an odd arrow so far, though.

Other Stuff:

I find it a little troublesome to fall through floors from midair. Currently if you want to kind of "dive" straight towards the ground, you have to land on a platform and then drop through it again. Is there any way to make it so that you can say, hold down from a midair position to pass through the floor uninhibited? It's pretty minor, but I'm sure it'd be a welcome change. Especially since I drop through floors quite a bit, and it'd be useful for those sections with multiple "drop-through" platforms.

That's it for now. Overall a pretty great update! I like how everything is slowly feeling more and more polished. Keep up the good work!

Edited by: Unbounded

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.