So, the new Easter update has gone out, filled with awesome goodies! Here's an announcement video from Alex:
And here's a gameplay video from forum user ShoHashi using the new build!
And here are the full release notes!
And here's a nutshell version!
There are some reports that the game is no longer as ALT+TAB friendly as it used to be, so I'll look into that this weekend and send out a small hotfix when it's sorted out Sorry about that.
In a nutshell, the major features of this update are as follows:
- Procedural spells
- Procedural weapon enchantments
- Procedural armour enchantments
- Procedural scrolls
- Play in windowed mode
- New graphical compatibility mode for older computers
- Changed the way that saved games work to make them more backwards compatible
- You can now take screenshots! Press PRINT SCREEN to do so, then check inside your SCREENSHOTS folder in your game directory
- Al-aeks will always start you near a town
- Forum user Smeggit has been immortalized for his achievements in-game
- Difficulty balancing is COMPLETELY different and poses more of a challenge in certain situations, such as going deeper in dungeons
- Lots of new voicework
- New things to find in the countryside (abandoned shacks and corpses and other lovelies)
- If you load a saved game that's in a dungeon, you'll load back at the door to the floor you were on, not at the start of the dungeon.
So what's coming in the NEXT update, now?
- Gryphon travel
- Biome-specific environment models
- Monsters in the countryside
- Guard towers
- More voices
- New dungeon tilesets
- More spells
- More quests
- More loot!
However, for now, I'm off for a bit of a break over Easter. My lovely team of mods will be helping out where they can, and I'll try and swing by as much as possible. Enjoy it, guys!
And a big round of applause to Hyfrydle and the test team for doing the hard yards to make this happen! I couldn't have done it without them! Not by a long shot!
We also put out episode 7 of our podcast today! This time guest-starring artist Carrie Oglesby! Check it out!