Based in Chile
Early Access March 27 2018
$14.99 - Steam
Long Gone Days is a character-driven RPG inspired by dystopian literature, but set in our present time, featuring real countries. The game casts the player as Rourke, a sniper from the Core, an isolated settlement below the surface of the Earth. After finding out the awful truth about an operation he’s part of in Kaliningrad, he takes the decision to abandon his post, not realizing the consequences of deserting an inescapable war.
Long Gone Days was originally conceived around 2003 by Camila Gormaz, as an RPG Maker 2000 project. Since that moment, releasing it as a game became her life goal. Camila would occasionally write bits of the game on her free time, but it wasn’t until 2015, after gaining experience in the gaming industry, that the development of Long Gone Days finally began.
Since December 2015 she devoted herself to work on the development of the demo full-time seven days a week, relying solely on her savings, using RPG Maker MV. The demo was finally released on May 2016.
On July 2016, Camila launched a crowdfunding campaign on the website Indiegogo. The campaign ended successfully on August 11, 2016, with almost 600 backers.
- 2016/11/12: Attended GaymerX East 2016 as Exhibitor
- 2016/11/05: Attended Day of the Devs 2016 as Exhibitor
- 2016/09/15: Attended Tokyo Game Show 2016 (Exhibitor Pass)
- 2016/08/10: Indiegogo campaign ended successfully
- 2016/08/03: Demo 1.5 released on Steam
- 2016/08/01: End of fanart contest (view winners)
- 2016/07/14: Mac Demo released
- 2016/07/11: Indiegogo campaign launched
- 2016/06/11: Greenlit on Steam (reaching rank #9)
- 2016/06/30: Featured on Square Enix Collective (94% approval)
- 2016/05/13: Prototype-demo released
- 2016/01/17: First online announcement on TIGSource forums
- Two Battle Systems: Front-view turn-based combats and a Sniper Mode, which consists of Seek and Find mechanics.
- Interpreters: As you travel through real world locations, interpreters will help you communicate with the locals.
- Morale System: Keep your team members' morale high, basing your answers on their personality and goals.
- Non-Fantasy: There are no magical or supernatural elements, only science and technology.
- No Random Encounters/Grinding: Instead of leveling up, your party members will learn new skills, upgrade their weapons and craft new items.
Long Gone Days - Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Day of the Devs Official Selection" Day of the Devs, San Francisco, USA 2016
- "GDWC 2016 Semifinalist" GDWC, Finland, 2016
- "Featured on Square Enix Collective" Square Enix Collective, 2016
- "Top 3 Best Games (user ranking)" Game Jolt, 2016
- "Indie of the Year - Top 100" IndieDB, 2016
- "GaymerX Official Selection" GaymerX East, USA, 2016
- "Long Gone Days imagines the world of war that’s coming for us"
- Maddi Chilton, Kill Screen
- "Many games explore the life of a soldier through action and gunplay. [...] Long Gone Days, set out to do more than that, focusing on the emotional toll that war has on soldiers."
- Joel Couture, Gamasutra
- "The world that the characters inhabit seems interesting, and it is just different enough from our own to still seem plausible. All in all, this game seems like a refreshing twist in the usual elements of the genre."
- Megan Myrick, Cliqist
Steam Store Page
Long Gone Days DEMO store.steampowered.com/app/510540.
Game Jolt Page
Long Gone Days DEMO gamejolt.com/games/long-gone-days/151330.
Long Gone Days DEMO laburatory.itch.io/lgd.
Long Gone Days - Crowdfunding Campaign indiegogo.com/projects/long-gone-days-a-2d-modern-day-military-rpg-anime-videogames#.
Long Gone Days - Youtube Gaming gaming.youtube.com/game/UCj7e665MCEb2UE9KobhoITg.
Independent game development studio based in Santiago, Chile, currently developing Long Gone Days, a 2D modern-day military JRPG that combines elements from visual novels and dystopian fiction.
More information on BURA, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Long Gone Days Credits
Creator, Artist, Business, Developer
Writer, Game Designer