For those who didn't know about Gamebooks, they were novels which had a nice success during the 80's, and which were allowing the readers to choose their own path by jumping from one numbered section to another, in a fun and interactive way. They were introducing the concepts of inventory, enemies fights, random dice results, and other nice ideas which were the precursors of what we find today in role playing video games.
The philosophy behind the port of the Lone Wolf books to the DS is to let the console handle all the rules related to combats, stats and so on, so the player can be really immersed in the story and doesn't need to bother with the gameplay elements.
For now, only the first volume of the series, called "Flight From The Dark", is available. If people show enough interest in this first book, other volumes will be ported too. So if you find a bug, have a suggestion, or simply want to contact me, please feel free to write to lonewolfds(AT)free.fr
Version 1.0 of LoneWolfDS - Flight From The Dark is now available!
Here is the changelog:
2008/03/09: Version 1.0
- Fixed a nasty bug that was not flushing inventory correctly when you were restarting a new game,
causing various strange behaviours when trying to pick items (thanks Raion!)
- Fixed a bug causing Gold to increase regularly, and limited the number of crowns to 50.
- Fixed a loading saved game bug which was not restoring all events properly (thanks Kirsty!).
- Fixed several sections events
- Smoothed and improved map scrolling using the stylus.
- Fixed a bug where "Previous/Next" buttons were staying in black & white after dying.
- You can't no longer pick/unpick the "Weaponskill" discipline and roll a random number each time.
- You can't drop and lose the map now.
- Various other small fixes and improvements.
- First public release candidate
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Add file and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.