King Randall's Party is a side-scrolling fortress defense game where you build your defenses block by block, from the ground up, to defend the Royal Treasury from... the King!
King Randall MCXXXVIII has just been crowned and has decided to throw a massive coronation party. You, playing as the Royal Treasurer, cannot allow the kingdom's precious funds from being spent in such a frivolous manner; the King must be stopped!
A little late due to Pie Overdose (thannnnnkkkks Thanksgiving) - here is a gameplay video of a new level which serves to introduce the Mountain Woman character. It is set in mountainous terrain and I like it quite a bit. This week also included a lot of bugfixing including visual fixes, strange enemy movement fixes, and some interface fixes.
Changelog (A quick, unformatted copy paste job):
* Fixed mountain woman (and others) potentially trying to path through doors if they are placed in such a way that when they are added to the Network they are open, thus not blocking links and nodes.
* Nerfed the cauldron.
* Level buttons now load when returning from the game. Victory and Defeat overlay buttons now appear properly. Main Menu button is removed during victory and defeat screens.
* Mountain women can now pathfind while on a cliff.
* Fixed zoom level issues.
* Fixed buttons broken by change to button states.
* Hooked up the starting lives, which are set in maps properties.
* Added a counter to the gold pile for lives. Need to hook it up to the rest of the code. Added a new GoldPile entity to support the flag display and text functionality.
* Fixed gum issues with Victor's help. Added a delete save user interaction state.
* Fixed issue where second save delete wouldn't work properly. Moved around functionality so that the user interaction states were in charge of user interaction and not generating buttons and all that jazz, which ended up with some sub-par UX (buttons disappearing before the animation to the next screen played, etc.)
* Added a TwoSidedButton for level select. One side has a trash icon and will let players delete their save (once I hook it up).
So I've decided that release of KRP will be at the end of January, hell or high water. The game is in a good place right now, it just doesn't have quite...
Just finished working on Alpha 3! It feels and plays like an actual game, though I still need to add more levels. Come give it a shot and let me know...
The big thing that has been missing from King Randall’s Party so far has been sound. The videos I’ve published so far have had game music playing...
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
Alpha 3 Release of King Randall's Party. Download this Tower Defense/Builder and give it a shot! Windows only. Download the zip file, unzip it, and run...
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.