A new build (0.8.3.2) has landed and is available to download via the Isomer launcher. The focus of this build has been bugfixing and improving on the multiselection mechanics introduced in the build last week and suggestions from the forum. There are also a few new snazzy things like the new fog of war blending effect added.
Work now begins on 0.8.4.x which will (it really really will!) have the combat changes and unit equipment selection that has been announced in the past along with the features announced on the development status page. The intention is to follow this page (and update it) more frequently to feedback exactly what is being worked on currently as well as go back to the more frequent release rate seen before Christmas.
Here's the complete changelist for this patch build!
- New: Added ability to select a single unit from a group in the HUD.
- New: Added new hints to game hint system relating to groups and hotkeys.
- New: Added new Fog of War blending effect.
- Improvement: Made day/night transitions slightly longer.
- Bugfix: Mutated units now keep their group hotkey registration information.
- Bugfix: Fixed blending transition colour use after leaving scope (how did this not result in a crash?!).
- Bugfix: Fixed a number of small bugs relating to group selection and mutation.
- Bugfix: Fixed issue in About screen which would prevent proper transition back to menu on left mouse click.
- Bugfix: Corrected highlight tile to use 64x32 dimension.
- Bugfix: Corrected the display of edges when drawing highlighted blocks.