Init. will test your ability to see through illusion and discover innovative and cerebral challenges that can be solved as simply as changing the way you perceive them.
PRE: I recommend trying the demo, in case my experience was an uncommonly bad one.
I like the look of the world, and I like the music. I _want_ to like the game, but couldn't for the following reasons:
1) I experienced an absolutely terrible framerate.
I have a reasonable machine that can run other, resource-expensive 3D Unity games smoothly. Given when the poor framerate of around 10-15 FPS was occurring (most of the time), and not occurring (60 FPS, rarely and when looking down or away from the level), it feels like a culling issue. It also feels related to the very nice-looking post-processing effect that draws a repeated, modified version of the brighter elements of the scene (the slowdown was vicious in the first "tutorial" area, and not as bad in Construct 01).
2) At lower framerates, input becomes messy. (Note: I'm guessing this is Unity's fault).
Jumping would sometimes even play the sound immediately (even if I press it rapidly during one jump, that's the programmer's fault), while the actual force of the jump wouldn't happen until the next time I came into contact with the ground. This occurred while trying to jump off a ledge. Sound played, fell off it without jumping, jumped on landing in the pit.
3) I have no idea how to play this.
Note: potential spoiler? In Construct 01, I don't know how to get past either body of water. Am I missing an important button (see 4)c.)? Is it an "illusion"?
4) Feels like mediocre code overall.
a. There are nice, smooth transitions to go away from one menu towards the next (though they take _slightly_ too long), then a harsh cut both visually and audibly to get to the menu. Why even have the fade in the first place if it's still going to cut?
b. As noted, jump sound plays as often as you press spacebar, not just when you actually jump.
c. Game showed me an Xbox 360 controller and what buttons did what. Then it didn't respond to my controller, and I had no idea what the matching keyboard/mouse buttons were.
Unfortunatly I’ve to agree with akaito.
1) Same issue with the framerate in the tutorial level.
2) Same issue with the controls at lower framerates.
3) I can’t get past the Contruct01 level as well. Guess I’m missing some kind of information about a controll (I’m using keyboard and mouse). Furthermore this water obstacle doesn’t look dangerous at all – First thing I did was trying to swim across since its nice color lured me in.
4) Those super-smooth transitions in the menu are really annoying. They’re taking way to long!
Anyway the general style of the world is quite interesting although there could be more details. Sound and music really blend in nice with the world. I’d like to see more but again - I’m stuck in the first level.