Named Game of the Year by over 50 publications, Valve's début title blends action and adventure with award-winning technology to create a frighteningly realistic world where players must think to survive. Also includes an exciting multiplayer mode that allows you to play against friends and enemies around the world.
Half-Life is a perfect game for PC that spawned a phenomenal series of FPS games. Made by Valve to perfection, Half-Life is amazing. Also, Headcrabs.
Platforms: Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, Linux devices, and PlayStation 2.
I have never seen a story like Half-Life. There is not nothing similar.
Its complex plot and interesting gameplay make the game perfect for those who are looking for a story beyond a shot. Also it lets you make your own opinions and theories about the universe of Half-Life, which has created the huge number of alternative adventures known as "mods".
Sorry, my english is not very good :P
Half life is awesome in Singleplayer and Multiplayer. The game offers very direct control and decent graphics. I love the aspect that so many files and settings are easy to access and edit/replace, which is a system that you barely find in any other game.
What is unknown to most people is that half life also has a very unique gameplay in multiplayer. The movement and weapon arsenal can't really be compared to any other shooter. Also there is the mixture of sneaking elements and insane speed.
Sadly Half life needs some love beeing set up enjoyable since the horrible patches in 2013. Thats not half-life's fault though.
Half-Life je jedna z nejlepších a nejvíce hodnotících her všech dob! Titul dostal přes 50 ocenění her roku a herní kritici těžko hledali chyby na této úžasné hře.
Hra je oproti ostatních fps akcí svého roku (Quake 2, Unreal, Doom,...) výjímečný jen tím, že místo svalnatého mariňáka hrajete za obyčejného vědce v neobyčejné situaci, který měl oproti svým kolegům štěstí a přežil zničující incident v supertajném komplexu Black Mesa kdesi v novém Mexiku. Hra má neskutečnou atmosféru, kterou dokreslují vystrašení vědci ve zničených laboratořích Black Mesa.
Hra je postavena na velmi povedeném GoldSource engine (engine vycházi z Quake od id Sowtware), který je velmi dobře modifikovatelný. O tom svědčí desítky a stovky rozličných modifikací, jako je slavný Counter-Strike, Team Fortress Classic, Day of Defeat, They Hunger, Sven Co-op a mnoho dalších!
Pro mě je to nepřekonatelná hra a překonat jí může snad jen Half-Life 3, na který čekám dlouhou dobu. Dočkáme se jí někdy?
This game is most likely the most engrossing game i have ever played, and this also contains some great theories too, being game of the year 50 times! this game deserves a 10 out of 10 rating from not just me, from almost anybody else in the world
One of the best games i've ever played.
Definitely an excellent game combining Fun,Action,Puzzle solving and Continuous storytelling wth a great Multiplayer mode, Been playing this game since 2002 and i never got bored of it ,All of game levels are well designed and it's very realistic comparing to games released at its time,I'm surely gonna rate 10 and recommand you guys to try it out!
This is the second game I ever played in my life,(beside opposing Force, which I played first) is also one of the most important game for me too. Is a good game, however there's still something buggy inside.
Let's see something PROS inside:
* Good, fair and long story, I love it.
* Funny scientists, haha. I remember I always attack them and saw they dance. When they ran I laugh hard.
* Is very fun and epic when engaging the HECU(Hazard Environment Combat Unit), I love fighting with them, especially the Gas Mask soldier, when saw him I start to fight epic.
* Nice ammo amount for MP5/ M4. Haha, I wonder why they are 50 rounds of clips instead of 30, but however I love it. Only thing if more accurate.
* Nice weapons ingame, I love the weapon of Colt 357, Crossbow, SPAS-12, Gloun Gun, Satchel Charge, and the Crowbar. Also, the "skill.cfg" file is very fair though. Love it.
* Barney-- thanks god they know to forgive us if we accidentally shot them(Not really, sometimes they still attack you. That's why when saw them I also want to use crowbar to wrack their face).
Something CONS inside:
* The Alien Grunt. Is very, very strange and hate when they attack you. Is unavoidable from their attack, as the player's hornet gun shoots and will chase enemies in short range, however Alien Grunt's hornet guns will shoot as far as well. Is very unfair for me.
* "Stuck" problem. While ingame I face some "stuck" problem, make me had to force to load the game again.
* Low damage for Glock 17c. Glock 17c is very fair for it's ammo and accurate is very good in middle range. But the damage is poor though, however I like it.
* Some spawn errors. I love to simply spawn NPCs and items as well, but however something you try to spawn will make the game crash.
I think no improvements as well. Is already a good game. I love it, it has my childhood memories...
A review must be entered to justify such a high rating? Really? Well, that's Half-Life. 1998 and still up in the top games for a reason.
(14 characters missing. Now it's ok.)
-----Gameplay-----: 11/10 (1+ for having nice gameplay)
-----Sound quality-----: 8.5/10
-----Sound design-----: 9/10
No reviews were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the review list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.