Named Game of the Year by over 50 publications, Valve's début title blends action and adventure with award-winning technology to create a frighteningly realistic world where players must think to survive. Also includes an exciting multiplayer mode that allows you to play against friends and enemies around the world.
This is the second game I ever played in my life,(beside opposing Force, which I played first) is also one of the most important game for me too. Is a good game, however there's still something buggy inside.
Let's see something PROS inside:
* Good, fair and long story, I love it.
* Funny scientists, haha. I remember I always attack them and saw they dance. When they ran I laugh hard.
* Is very fun and epic when engaging the HECU(Hazard Environment Combat Unit), I love fighting with them, especially the Gas Mask soldier, when saw him I start to fight epic.
* Nice ammo amount for MP5/ M4. Haha, I wonder why they are 50 rounds of clips instead of 30, but however I love it. Only thing if more accurate.
* Nice weapons ingame, I love the weapon of Colt 357, Crossbow, SPAS-12, Gloun Gun, Satchel Charge, and the Crowbar. Also, the "skill.cfg" file is very fair though. Love it.
* Barney-- thanks god they know to forgive us if we accidentally shot them(Not really, sometimes they still attack you. That's why when saw them I also want to use crowbar to wrack their face).
Something CONS inside:
* The Alien Grunt. Is very, very strange and hate when they attack you. Is unavoidable from their attack, as the player's hornet gun shoots and will chase enemies in short range, however Alien Grunt's hornet guns will shoot as far as well. Is very unfair for me.
* "Stuck" problem. While ingame I face some "stuck" problem, make me had to force to load the game again.
* Low damage for Glock 17c. Glock 17c is very fair for it's ammo and accurate is very good in middle range. But the damage is poor though, however I like it.
* Some spawn errors. I love to simply spawn NPCs and items as well, but however something you try to spawn will make the game crash.
I think no improvements as well. Is already a good game. I love it, it has my childhood memories...
Excelente FPS el mejor teniendo en cuenta su epoca, muy original, con una trama atrapante para el jugador, una calidad gráfica impresionante hasta el día de hoy. Este juego debe ser nombrado el juego del año 2014 porque las gráficas no son todo. Gracias Valve por esta joya en la comunidad gamer, revolucionaste los shooters con este juego. Tienen un 10/10 Valve rules!!!
My favorite game, better than HL2.
In HL1, it always felt like you were somewhere were you shouldn't be. You were an everyman caught up in the worst catastrophe ever.
And somehow you slowly became a badass. At first you would fight minor alien fauna, then human soldiers, followed by an alien army, until you killed the big bad Alien boss. Its not the most complex story by today's standards, but it was more then we asked for at the time. The presentation and atmosphere is still incredible today. The enemies are still fun to fight and the weapons are unique and varied. A must play.
Definitely one of the greatest, genre defining games of all time. It may be getting older but that fact does not decrease the playability one bit. And when a game survives the time trial as well as Half-Life, giving it anything less but the max rating would be a sin.