It's time to post something and let you guys know that the mod is not dead yet ;)
This update is rather small, since I'm currently busy with real life stuff.
- [FX] Added dynamic blood puddles, casted after NPC death
- [FX] Changed explosion effect, added particles and new sprite.
- [FX] Created particles for bullet impact.
- [FX] Added water waves (particles) when NPC is in water.
- [FX] Increased range of dynamic muzzle flash lighting.
- [FX] Added glass shards particles casted on impact.
- [FX] Added wood bullet impact particles.
- [FX] Icky is now casting water splash/bubbles particles when swimming.
- [Crowbar] Is now correctly hitting BSP Brushes (AIM fix, Impact decal position fix)
- [Crowbar] Is now spawning hit-impact particles when hitting BSP Brushes.
- [GIBS] Fixed bug with gibs getting stuck in world or each other.
- [GIBS] Fixed bug when gibs ghosted directly through the floor.
- [GIBS] Random fixes for bouncing code.
- [Weapon grapple] It's now possible to eat rats and cockroaches.
There are also random fixes, optimizations and improvements for previously coded features, but visually they look almost the same as before (only stability and performance is improved) so there is no point in recording them and displaying almost identical things.
As I mentioned before, this is small update just to let you know that the mod is not dead. I'm still busy with real life events and I will be busy for a while. So I'm not sure when the next update will be posted. It might take 2 or 3 months to speed up development, but if everything will go alright, then the next update will be a much bigger one with a lot of improvements and new features :)
When developing a mod (or a game) there are a lot of interesting ideas and paths that we can take. There are also a few things that we need to choose when developing. Instead of choosing them behind closed doors, we want to hear what you (community) think about them. Here are two questions and possible choices:
Question 1: Who should be able to use "new" Opposing Force weapons (knife, shockroach, grapple etc.):
1. Only Shephard (while playing OF storyline)
2. Shephard (storyline based) + Gordon and Barney (via impulse 101 cheat)
3. Allow everyone to use new weapons and also spawn them in-game (via .ent level edits) for Gordon and Barney. (Examples; Barney finding pipe wrench as first weapon, Gordon looting sniper rifle from killed snipers).
Question 2: Where "new" Opposing Force NPCs should be spawned:
1. Only in Opposing Force storyline maps.
2. Allow "new" NPCs in Half-Life 1 and Blue-Shift storyline, BUT only the minor changed / "cosmetic" ones. (Example; Otis, Zombie Barney, Zombie Grunt).
3. Allow full set of "new" NPCs in all 3 campaigns (RaceX, Gonomes, Male Assassins etc.)
Also I want to take another opportunity and remind you that all suggestions, comments (etc.) are welcome :) If you already made a suggestions some time ago and I didn't reply to it, feel free to post it again (I might have missed something).
Sorry, I lied...A FULL-HELL! This November, It's coming!
Our progress over the last year have resulted in some good features, but it has been necessary to evaluate what we are aiming for and how long it will...
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
No downloads were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the download list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post download and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
Highest Rated (41 agree) 10/10
Run. Think. Shoot. Live.In Half-Life, players assume the role of the protagonist, Dr. Gordon Freeman, a recent MIT graduate in theoretical physics, and also a recent employee at Black Mesa. After an experiment that goes horribly awry when an unexpected Resonance Cascade (an apparently completely fictitious occurrence) rips dimensional seams that devastate the facility, Gordon must fight to escape the now alien-infested facility as creatures from another world — known as Xen — subsequently enter…
Jan 12 2011 by GordonFreeguy