Haktoria is a Free Software data replacement project for the Hexen II GPL source code. It aims to not "suck" in ways the original game did.
- Hammer of Thyrion engine is used (for Mac/Windows/Linux/DOS versions)
- 256x256 texture size max. No odd texture sizes, only power of 2
- MDL file format for models, SPR for sprites, WAV for sounds, BSP for maps, LMP for 2d graphics lump, WAD for map textures
- Models not exceeding 800 triangles, unless they're a big monster and/or a boss.
- 256 colors, however with a more colorful color palette
- 'Portals' and 'hworld' will also be covered.
- Higher poly MD3 models and larger TGA/PNG textures are allowed (for modern source ports), but won't be included with the main data pak file but in a seperate pk3 addon.
- 22khz/44khz sound effects, rather than 11025hz everything
- Monsters will NOT be sparse and give the game a boring feel.
- A 'classic' mode may be done in the future, for dumber enemies (good for cooperative play) and balanced, classic-style weapons and movement, and no RPG grinding elements.
- Art direction will be anime-style for character and weapon design in a palette and lighting level similar to the first two games.
No news has been posted here. If you have relevant news to share you should post it now.
No downloads have been uploaded. Upload files you'd like to make available and grow this profile.