The final straight to implement the reworked guilds and inventory systems, new NPC shops' layout and various interface improvements.
Imagine that you land in a world 20 years after chaotic and bloody events have swept across the entire continent in a wave of wars, crusades and unexplained murders. You are a pivot in the middle of the conflict between the descendants of the world's first makers.
You can take one of the sides, join a guild, family or order and in their name retake sacred grounds that other families are trying to claim. You can join with your friends and follow the trail of missing artifacts surrounded by legends. You can delve into the mysteries of unnerving events, learn the history and take possession of the wisdom and glory it holds.
Beware though, for your every step will be watched by enemies who will lie in wait for a your moment of weakness. When the time is right for them, they shall take away what is dearest to you.
Support us by buying Pre-Alpha access and start playing now! Gloriavictisgame.com
Black Eye Games is an Indie studio that unites over 30 experienced developers.
Some of us were a part of the teams that brought you 'The Witcher' or 'Neverwinter Nights'.
Among us there are also team members who are working as Software Engineers in huge corporations.
Our team has been working together for over half of a year and the years-long experience we've gathered allows us to persistently move towards our goal, a completed Gloria Victis.
A massive update, greatly improving the combat experience and the meaning of PVP, has been applied! First of all, it introduces the fortifications building and upgrading – players can raise the walls, towers and gates in the towns and castles controlled by their nation from scratch. Players can also upgrade those objects, significantly increasing their defensive properties – a simple palisade around the holding will stop an enemy for a while, but a stone tower with double reinforced gates and pots of boiling oil will do its job much better.
Moreover, it’s up to the players how to develop the fortifications, as their components are being upgraded separately. In future this system will be expanded with an ability to build and develop the objects inside the fortifications, such as player-owned houses, additional spawn points and siege machines, as well as with the additional customization options!
On the other hand, we have implemented two important combat-related features, requested by our players – breaking an enemy’s attack with a kick and feints! Therefore the combat dynamics have been greatly increased; those changes made the battles even more tactical and skill-based as well. Moreover, NPC enemies can kick to break the player’s block too, so PVE is much less predictable and repetitive now! In nearest future we will be continuously working on the further combat and AI improvements, so the player experience will be getting better and better.
At the moment we are doing the last polishes before releasing the another massive update – a total overhaul of the inventory and guilds systems. Within the next few days we will start the final tests of those systems; meanwhile we have started working on the survival aspects! When the basics are done, we will be able to implement hunger, alchemy, toxicity and dynamic weather’s influence on the characters – it will greatly increase the immersion, which is crucial in Gloria Victis. This feature is expected to come within the next few weeks!
Changelog v.0.4.5 Pre-Alpha
– Implemented the fortifications upgrading – walls, towers and gates can now be raised from scratch; in near future a possibility to raise the objects inside the fortifications, such as houses and crafting workbenches
– Implemented numerous levels of walls, towers and gates upgrades; in future, when the locations will be controlled by guilds, upgrades levels will be expanded with additional customization options
– Added a possibility to purchase the location upgrade points for in-game currency in the locations upgrade menu
– Implemented kicking, which interrupts the enemy’s block
– Implemented feints – cancelling your own attacks with a block or kick
– Implemented a limitation of damage dealing – now only the first struck enemy receives it
– Reduced a value of bows and daggers damage modifier based on the character’s dexterity
– Reduced damage dealt by knives
– Increased damage dealt by blunts
– Implemented blocking the player’s attacks by the NPC enemies
– Implemented interrupting the player’s block with a kick by the NPC enemies
– Added a hand-drawn map world
– Increased the amount of gathered wood and slightly increased its respawn time
– Added characters displaying distance setting in game options
– Updated the game translations in all of the supported languages
– Minor fixes in various systems
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers.