Imagine that you land in a world 20 years after chaotic and bloody events have swept across the entire continent in a wave of wars, crusades and unexplained murders. You are a pivot in the middle of the conflict between the descendants of the world's first makers.
You can take one of the sides, join a guild, family or order and in their name retake sacred grounds that other families are trying to claim. You can join with your friends and follow the trail of missing artifacts surrounded by legends. You can delve into the mysteries of unnerving events, learn the history and take possession of the wisdom and glory it holds.
Beware though, for your every step will be watched by enemies who will lie in wait for a your moment of weakness. When the time is right for them, they shall take away what is dearest to you.
Support us by buying Pre-Alpha access and start playing now! Gloriavictisgame.com
Black Eye Games is an Indie studio that unites over 30 experienced developers.
Some of us were a part of the teams that brought you 'The Witcher' or 'Neverwinter Nights'.
Among us there are also team members who are working as Software Engineers in huge corporations.
Our team has been working together for over half of a year and the years-long experience we've gathered allows us to persistently move towards our goal, a completed Gloria Victis.
A long awaited update has been finally released! Among the numerous gameplay improvements and fixes to various systems, an update 0.5.6 introduces the first version of the dynamic events system, a new location and a new version of the game’s launcher!
The first dynamic events, which has been placed at the outskirts of Dunfen and Mereley, greatly increase the credibility of the Gloria Victis world – foxes sneak to hunt chickens, outcasts steal supplies and rebels oppress the townsmen. These and further events – which will be implemented in the nearest future – will smoothly introduce the new players into the Gloria Victis world, helping them to learn the gameplay mechanics, and allow the players to affect the situation of the game world.
A new location – fishing docks which can be found West to Mereley – is a first step of the massive rework of the starting locations. The first impression is very important, therefore both Mereley and Dunfen, as well as their suburbs areas, will be redesigned in the in the nearest future and filled with the dynamic events.
A new version of the game’s launcher, on which we have been working intensively over the last few weeks, has been applied as well. It resolves most of the problems with downloading and updating the game, so the population is expected to rise significantly in the nearest future.
Changelog v.0.5.6 Alpha
– Implemented the first version of the dynamic events system – the test version includes 4 basic events per nation, placed around Dunfen and Mereley, as well as the first events chain of the rebels attacking the suburbs area
– Implemented a new location – the fishing docks East to Mereley
– Refresheded the game graphics – textures, shaders and colour palette
– Added 15 new animation of death for the humanoid characters (player’s one and NPCs)
– Added 5 new iddle animations for the player’s character
– Implemented missing recipes for crushed ceramics and porcelain, distributed them in the NPC drops
– Implemented a more restrictive checking of the position of the players’ characters positions and an additional hits detection system
– Fixed an issue allowing to walk on the bottom of the sea by holding block or attack before walking into the water
– Fixed an issue causing a lot of the resources not being spawned in the game world
– Fixed an issue causing that, in some cases, character’s controller desynchronization used to happen after changing weapons using a hotbar
– Fixed an issue allowing to equip numerous lanterns on the same equipment slot, causing a massive performance drop for the other players
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.