Fate of the Galaxy is a Space Simulator game, where the player takes the role of a starfighter pilot through a series of missions in a story campaign. A multiplayer mode will also be available. The game is primarily played through the perspective of single-manned craft, and there are no plans for control of capital ships or multi-player vehicles. Most missions will be set in space, though atmospheric missions are planned as well in later releases.
The player will choose to play as either a pilot for the Rebel Alliance (later the New Republic) or the Galactic Empire. Each side will have its own unique ships to control. Story missions will also include neutral factions such as pirates or smugglers.
Come visit our forum at Hard-light.net
From our forum:
Fate of the Galaxy has reached the stage of development where we need voice acting for our pilot personas! These are the automatically triggered lines that wingmen deliver in the heat of battle or when the player issues orders.
If you are interested in helping us out with your voice, please record these lines:
• All Clear - "We're all clear."
• Arrive Enemy - "Enemies on scope."
• Attack My Target - "Copy, engaging target."
• Backup - "Backup standing by."
• Red/Beta Arrived - "Red group, standing by." / "Beta wing on station."
• Check your six - "You've got one on your tail!"
• Death - "Aaaaaaaah!"
• Gold/Delta Arrived - "Gold group, standing by." / "Delta wing on station."
• Depart - "Acknowledged. I'm heading home."
• Disable My Target - "Targeting engines only."
• Disarm My Target - "Target acquired, disarming."
• Engage Enemy - "I'm going in."
• Gray/Epsilon Arrived - "Gray group, standing by." / "Epsilon wing on station."
• Green/Gamma Arrived - "Green group, standing by." / "Gamma wing on station."
• Help - "I can't shake him!"
• Ignore My Target - "All yours."
• No - "Negative."
• No Target - "My scope's clear."
• Friendly Fire - "Watch your aim!"
• Player Dead - "Pilot down!"
• Praise Player Kill - "Good shot!"
• Praise Own Kill - "I got him!"
• Praise Player Getting Multiple Kills - "The Force is with you!"
• Rearm - "Secondary banks depleted."
• Need Repair - "I've taken heavy damage!"
• Stray/AWOL/Desertion Warning - "You're headed the wrong way."
• Traitor - "Traitor!"
• Yes - "I copy."
Feel free to ad lib lines that could be used in place of these as well. If the team decides to use your voice, you will be contacted to record some alternate takes so that all of the pilots have a healthy number of unique messages. Please do record both the Rebel (colors) and Imperial (Greek letters) versions of the arrival lines so that we can use your voice for either side.
The team reserves the right to use any voice acting samples sent to us (with credit) in any way we see fit for the game. This is mostly important in case we can't contact someone who provided samples but want to use them in the game anyway.
Make sure that any voice acting you send to us is as clear as possible. Each of the lines should be in a separate 16bit 44khz stereo wav file. The entire set should then be archived (preferably rar or 7zip) before emailing them to fotgvoices [AT] googlemail.com. Please do not send mp3 files as the game doesn't recognize this format.
A big thanks to Karajorma for letting us rip this post off from the one he made on the Diaspora forum. Good luck everyone!
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.