Hello all! This is our official Fatal Velocity Kickstarter build. We hope you check this out and give it a go. The dev team will have hosting sessions...
A project that utilizes physics based game play to propel the player’s ability to overcome obstacles, environment hazards and other enemies. Each player will have to move fast, think with split second decisions, and be aware of their surroundings to truly dominate the field. Stream across the landscape with grapple abilities, devastate with a powerful push, reach in for the kill with pull mechanics and rack up that damage multiplier that will increase the severity of your mind shattering abilities. Each battle will never be the same as you customize your character with different abilities and weapons, facing against your foes in ever evolving deadly environments. Every battlefield will have it's own style from the skylines of tomorrow, energy containers spewing electricity everywhere or tons flying aircraft that will kill you on contact , prepare yourself if you can, it's going to be XTREME!
After what happened yesterday with the false start (Click link to read up: Alturl.com) along with how we lost such an opportunity to get countless people to play/demo Fatal Velocity in the beginning; Oscar and I were extremely determined to make the most of today. Unfortunately, things didn't exactly go as planned.
Expect the Unexpected
1) Fewer People Than Yesterday: I literally had to go hunting for League of Legends tournament players that were waiting between rounds. Hoping that I could get them volunteer a few minutes of their time to tell Oscar/myself their thoughts of FV. It again, was expected that some would be very resistant and wouldn't try the game whatsoever, however, and thank fully - most were more than willing. It helped as I told them Range Plus One was aiming for full commercial release, the dreams to get on Steam Greenlight, and running a successful Kickstarter. As I've previously said, you just have to be humble, ask 'em and they will be more than willing!
2) The Dead Zone: This was an ideal spot in the campus (if everything went as planned), we had a flat screen TV running our trailer on loop, some sofas for people to chill around while they wait and it was placed right beside as the spectator theater! (People going in or coming out would see FV in action, and we would have been able to bag a few) BUT because they were having some issues with the overhead projector - that killed it, the room was empty.
3) We did our best to make sure we could get eyes on the product. I made a small questionnaire (5) simple 1 liner questions eg:
- What was your fav ability in the game?
- What was your least favorite ability in the game?
- Would you support us on Kickstarter?
- How much would you be willing to spend for this kind of game?
- Want to leave your email to stay in touch with the team?
The results? : 24 out of 27 that filled these out said they would support AND provided their emails!
YAY! Initial mailing list officially started!
Tomorrow is the team lunch! Will be sure to vlog that!
Ps. Here's a sample piece of some of the upcoming concept art this week!
Latest tweets from @rangeplusone
Apr 21 2014, 7:57pm
Apr 21 2014, 7:50pm
Apr 21 2014, 4:42pm
Apr 20 2014, 2:56pm
Apr 19 2014, 7:29pm
Apr 19 2014, 4:52pm
Apr 19 2014, 3:06pm
Apr 19 2014, 5:01am
Apr 18 2014, 3:14pm