Faceless is a Greenlit Multiplayer Horror which sees players attempting to survive alone, or with up to three other players in Wakeland City to try and find Daniel North, having followed his documents, the players must find Dolls in each location and deliver them to the Ritual Zones in each location to set the trapped souls within free. Upon burning all the Dolls, The Being will be forced to depart from the immediate area... But not until it has tried to kill you first.
We regret to inform you that Faceless is currently postponed until further notice.
Posted by Sklarlight on Apr 7th, 2013
It's been a very long time that we've been in development for now, much longer than our initial expectations, and sadly we have decided that it is for the best that we undergo an indefinite period of development suspension. This is due to various matters including personal ones due to College/University/Work taking up more time than expected, as well as difficult matters in development where we had hit a brick wall in development and couldn't proceed any further. This has been the case for the last few months now. Faceless has been a fantastic experience for us on the team, and as we explore new ventures we only hope it teaches us to return to this mod and give you the most amazing thing you've been waiting for.
- Without a doubt, I intend to return, whether or not the other developers intend to return is a question that is yet to be answered, but I will do my utmost best to make sure all the original lead developers return! No matter what happens, once this mod returns, it will return stronger than ever.
- Our goals were to make a terrifying co-op experience using the most terrifying creature to date, The Slenderman, whilst his hype has decreased relatively, that has never stopped us from trying to make the best possible Slenderman game out there.
- We all remember the terrible and ever-so rapid name changes that we went through, from Slender: Source, our original name, to The Operator, Der Ritter, Der Grobmann and finally to Faceless, the name we have kept ever since.
- Despite this indefinite postponement, we would like to say that there is a chance we may return to development, however that comes with its own weight of risks, we may not come back to develop Faceless. But I sincerely hope we do. We, as much as the fans, want this to be done to its best possible form, and because that can't be done at this current stage, we've decided to wait until if and when we can.
- We'd like to share with you something we haven't revealed to the audience properly before, the gamemodes that were intended for the final build of Faceless.
Dolls: The base-game mode in which an amount of dolls depending on how many players start the game will need to be collected and dropped off in a specified area in order to set the dolls alight and "free" the entity from within the dolls. Once all dolls have been collected and burnt, the players will be able to successfully "escape". There will be 4-5 maps for this gamemode.
Versus: By popular demand, a versus game-mode where up to four players can play, and one is randomly allocated to play as the Slenderman. (Can be overridden to allow somebody in particular to be the Slenderman) A button will be tied to teleporting to a node behind the nearest player, whilst you can move after they have collected 75% of the dolls. Using the base-gamemode maps (Dolls.)
Run: A gamemode that spans over 3 maps where you have no objective except to run and survive, at the end of each map is a safe-house to which it transitions over to the next map (Think Left4Dead), the final map will be met with an escape option.
Sickness: This game-mode has been inspired by the Trouble in Terrorist Town game-mode in Garry's Mod, everybody will look like people, and more than 4 people can play, one will be assigned as the Slenderman and will appear to be a normal person. They have to kill as many people as they can without being caught, upon being caught everybody will have to remember who to run from and try to survive the remaining time limit. There will be about 3 maps for this gamemode.
Also, we had a new trailer that was due to be released, and since we decided it shouldn't go to waste, we decided to show you guys what may be the final Teaser/Trailer for Faceless.
Until we return,