You control your destiny in true free-form gameplay with a variety of activities and objectives to complete. Customize the look, functionality, and performance of your ship with the component-based shipyard; explore a seamless universe without required jump gates or trade lanes to limit your movement; master devastating new weapons and technology; join forces with other players in multiplayer to complete more challenging cooperative objectives that offer much better pay; and much, much more.
Version 1.088 is ready for download. This update adds the following:
Posted by SSwamp_Trooper on May 2nd, 2009
Version 1.088 is ready for download. The customising kit and strategy guide are nearly finished and should be available soon. The new multiplayer command line option is '-mp'. You can also use '-mpX' where X is a number from 0 to 7 for the profile you want to automatically load.
Also, forum member 'warsign' has released a new custom cockpit for the game entitled 'Evoch V'. Visit his forum thread here to view images and download the needed files. 'Karin' has also put together a video showing the cockpit in use with TrackIR, it can be viewed on YouTube here.
This update adds the following:
- New 'War Zone' added to upper Sierra solar system.
- Race course boxes for ship-vs-ship races doubled in size.
- Message text better highlighted and moved for improved legibility.
- Positioning options added to cusomizing kit for message text system.
- Support for rear and above camera views added when TrackIR is enabled.
- Repair costs are now included in ship trade-in values (instead of damage transfer).
- Default joystick deadzone increased to better accommodate less precise devices.
- Support for multiple texture images added for background nebulae option.
- New command line option added to directly launch the multiplayer menu.
- New reward to discover at the end of the 'Arvoch Artifact' beacon quest.
- Support for using custom cockpits for each ship frame type added.
- 'Cinematic' style shaky camera view option added (default Alt-\).
- Ice accumulation effect on cockpit glass reduced.
- Wider range of movement available for TrackIR.
- Improved planetary atmosphere haze.
- Improvements to AI combat tactics.
- Several minor bug fixes.