Version 1.088 is ready for download. The customising kit and strategy guide are nearly finished and should be available soon. The new multiplayer command line option is '-mp'. You can also use '-mpX' where X is a number from 0 to 7 for the profile you want to automatically load.
Also, forum member 'warsign' has released a new custom cockpit for the game entitled 'Evoch V'. Visit his forum thread here to view images and download the needed files. 'Karin' has also put together a video showing the cockpit in use with TrackIR, it can be viewed on YouTube here.
This update adds the following:
- New 'War Zone' added to upper Sierra solar system.
- Race course boxes for ship-vs-ship races doubled in size.
- Message text better highlighted and moved for improved legibility.
- Positioning options added to cusomizing kit for message text system.
- Support for rear and above camera views added when TrackIR is enabled.
- Repair costs are now included in ship trade-in values (instead of damage transfer).
- Default joystick deadzone increased to better accommodate less precise devices.
- Support for multiple texture images added for background nebulae option.
- New command line option added to directly launch the multiplayer menu.
- New reward to discover at the end of the 'Arvoch Artifact' beacon quest.
- Support for using custom cockpits for each ship frame type added.
- 'Cinematic' style shaky camera view option added (default Alt-\).
- Ice accumulation effect on cockpit glass reduced.
- Wider range of movement available for TrackIR.
- Improved planetary atmosphere haze.
- Improvements to AI combat tactics.
- Several minor bug fixes.