by Zumf on Dec 3rd, 2013
Hello everyone! It’s update time!
It’s that time of year again, IndieDB’s game of the year! Please support us and vote for Eden Star to be Indie DB’s game of the year!
A quick reminder to everyone, and news to those of you who may be new to Eden Star: the Alpha is now available for pre-order via our site!
We’ve done a lot of work on Eden Star in the last week, and having a lot of fun doing it! This is the first of our weekly progress updates, which I hope to keep you up to date with progress (and prove we’re not just sitting playing games all day, every day...).
At the moment, we are finalising the Pre-alpha demo while working towards the UE4 Alpha.
First up: The Development team.
- We’ve been experimenting with cross-communication of visual scripting (blueprint) and experimenting with new multiplayer components
- The final tutorial prompts have been worked into the UI for the UE3 Tech Demo (Soon to be released for free to all those who pre-order Eden Star!)
- A less entertaining bug has been fixed within the Tech Demo to do with the deployable gun turrets, as well as doing a huge amount of top secret other work...
- The finishing touches have gone in for the Pre-alpha Tech Demo. Refining basic tutorial elements & optimising performance in-game
- Experimenting with an all new streaming tech for new, larger open worlds
- Stress-testing destructables to destruction!
- Initial designs for multiplayer menus
- Ideas have been designed for what we are currently calling “the amazing CMD UI” - whether it goes anywhere or not yet, we’ll see over the coming weeks, exciting stuff though!
- We’re working on introducing plant-life to Pharus 7, more on this in the near future...
- Finished modeling and rigging the second of our alien enemies, and continuing modeling of 3rd alien enemy type
- Most of the 3rd-person player animations have been set up within the UE4 anim blueprint system, and we are now animating 3rd person directional movement and aim blends (so the player characters can walk, run, etc while attacking in the right direction)
- We’ve prototyped the effects of some of our extreme weather effects such as rain, hail, and tornadoes!
- We’ve also been experimenting with world creation, from the basics of landscape spreading, through unified wind systems to light and sky-domes
For further details, keep checking the blog and jump into the forums, and remember - Pre-Alpha UE3 Demo releases soon!
$15 will get you full Alpha access and beyond (UE4), and each pre-order comes with free access to our Pre-alpha Combat Tech Demo (UE3)!
We’ll be back later this week with more! Oh, and here’s a nice concept for you!