Dungeon Prospector is an old-school dungeon crawler/roguelike. You're in infinity dungeons (in length and width) full of monsters and treasures. How far can you go and how long can you survive?
To all linux users, note: unity3d is optimized for ubuntu, so it may not work on your distribution. There have already been issues with Debian and Xubuntu. So I recommend you try compatibility with the demo first.
Right now the game is in alpha stage, receiving updates with new features and content (about one-two per month). At this moment the game has:
- Dungeon generation.
- over 25 items (food/potions/weapons/armor).
- 3 monsters.
- Rest (similar to hunger).
Features I'm planning:
- Skeletons and their types (warrior, archer, necromancer etc).
- At least 2 more dungeon types.
- maybe boss fights.
- Locked doors which open via buttons/lever.
- Altars which give buffs/debuffs depending on how you treat them.
- Additional gamemodes (territorial control, easy (without permadeath)).
- And more.
This is changelog for release #9 and, yes, I'm holding fire in my pocket:
- Added rest system.
- Added leveling system.
- Added 6 new weapons.
- Added 5 new items.
- Added 1 Helmet.
- Added 1 Armor.
- Added 4 new combinations.
- Added library block.
- Changed inventory slot icons.
- Changed tooltip.
- Changed apple icons.
- Now you can exit from chest menu by clicking outside of window.
- Info button is broken right now.
- Made tweaks to path to custom textures, maybe it works on mac now.
- Fixed bugs in options menu.
Lowest Rated (2 agree) 5/10
I'm reviewing the game as it stands now. If it gets better I will upgrade my score. Issues: 1 When you go into options then back out it resets the size of your screen to small whether you are windowed or not. 2 The option to set controls does not work and the controls are not mentioned anywhere. For other people: **E** is take web or open chest. When you look at a slime/blob on the floor you get a dotted line at the top of it horizontally. 3 Personal preference but I prefer retro chunky pixel games…
Apr 18 2013, 11:25pm by graspee
Latest tweets from
It can take up to a few hours for tweets to begin appearing.