The demons came and the marines died. Except one. Your are the last defence against these hell-spawned hordes. Prepare for the most intense mutant-laden, blood-splattered action ever! The texture-mapped virtual world is so real, you don't just play DOOM - you live it.
The Doom RPG is back with a new version, this time you may enjoy it with Brutal Doom's gameplay.
Welcome. A few weeks ago I decided to undertake a project that's been stirring in my head for a while: A (G)ZDoom-based Doom RPG which can be easily played with the vanilla IWADs and PWAD map packs. I first searched around to see if this had already been done, and I found a few bits here and there, but nothing as extensive as I had wanted to implement. So I decided it was time to take matters into my own hands, and after a few weeks worth of work, and replaying Doom 1 and 2 far more than I ever have before, this is what I have for you: my Doom RPG.
- add info about drpg_defaults command to readme file, to reset doom rpg options to defaults. often when running the mod for the first time, most doom rpg specific options are locked in 'unknown' status, using this command and restarting g/zdoom fixes the problem.
- ability to use different tiers of skills. upgrading auras makes their EP costs skyrocket. ability to use lower level versions for smaller EP cost would be nice to have.
- maybe an option to convert skill points into stat tokens and vice-versa? to avoid abuse, the conversion could use a rate of 2:1, in both directions.
- summoned monsters tend to get stuck, especially in "2002 a doom odyssey , e3m1"
- summoning a bfg marine is a terrible idea
small bug: player always picks up EP capsules, even if EP is full.