This is the 0.74 release. Load in Zandronum or ZDoom/GZDoom with a levelset of your choice, and go wild!
Let the Obsession begin. Again.
This time, the entire forces of the netherworld have overrun Earth. To save her, you must descend into the stygian depths of Hell itself!
Battle mightier, nastier, deadlier demons and monsters. Use more powerful weapons. Survive more mind-blowing explosions and more of the bloodiest, fiercest, most awesome blastfest ever!
Play DOOM II solo, with two people over a modem, or with up to four players over a LAN (supporting IPX protocol). No matter which way you choose, get ready for adrenaline-pumping, action-packed excitement that's sure to give your heart a real workout.
v0.75 is drawing pretty close to a release! I've got only a small list of things left that I'd like to do, and the changelog is getting SWOLE AS HELL. What are some of the things to look forward to?
Keep in mind that these are only a FEW changes, there's still a whole ton more--v0.75 is gonna be packed with fixes and new options!
- Wanted more special moves? The guns will have special attacks as well! Each of them has a different effect, taking less soul meter but a giant chunk of ammo! Which will you use in battle?
- Didn't like how souls only came from sword kills? A new cvar, ds_gunsouls, allows for guns to take souls from enemies as well.
- More destructible objects! If you like tearing the scenery apart bit by bit, there's more decorative items replaced with destructible equivalents, now!
- The uppercut has been completely rehauled! It's been moved to its own separate key and is a lot more responsive when hit, no longer slings the player forward, and can be recovered from faster. Also currently in the process of trying to see if I can integrate it into more states, so the player can use it even after alt-firing.
- Additive translucency is handled in-sprite now for a whole ton of effects, reducing filesize and reducing lag, as well as making them look better in Software.
... and, again, that's only a miniscule fraction of the changes already in. And there's still far more I have left to do!
Let's see where this path goes, aye?
Highest Rated (5 agree) 10/10
Aaah...Good ol' DooM:II one of the games that started the FPS craze, and made it into one of the best genres.
This game was released in 1994 and it's still good as new!
IT NEVER GETS OLD FOR FUCKS SAKE!!!
and best of all, if it gets old then i can inform you about 100000000000000 wad's
out there, everything from map packs to tc's.
May 7 2011, 4:18pm by ligisd