Currently all Doom levels are connected together in Doom 1, in Doom 2 all the levels are connected together as one continuous level.
The original plan was to get Doom 1 and Doom 2 fused together as 1 level using the Doom 2 engine but that would be game breaking the game so they ended up as separate builds. (So Doom 1 and Doom 2 may not become 1 game unless I can find a solution for that in the future)
So for now the full Doom 1 game is compiled under 1 level, the full Doom 2 game is compiled under 1 level but the games do get completely new builds sometimes if I feel something need's to be fixed/updated.
To start either levels you need play the first level from both games for the levels to show.
Anyway at the moment both builds have:
- The games are compatible in co-op/single, multiplayer.
- All the original demons/items/keys/doors in the originals places.
- All levels are connected together near the original exits of each level or where the exit's were.
- Both games includes the secret levels. (Except Xbox secret levels)
- Doom 1 build requires the original Doom 1 wad to run.
- Doom 2 build requires the original Doom 2 wad to run.
Main problems at moment:
Teleporters sometimes send player to wrong place, current solution at moment is different routes added.