by Tricktale on Oct 2nd, 2013
I'm very pleased to announce that Diehard Dungeon version 1.4 is now available.
This is a very substantial patch, with many new additions and changes.
Thank you to everyone that has supported me by purchasing Diehard Dungeon. You have enabled me to continue doing what I love to do.
Full list of changes:
- All routes are hard at high ranks.
- Best ending achieved by exiting the dungeon at maximum rank, releasing Champions and defeating the Dungeon Master.
- Companion Chest drops tokens as it collects treasure.
- Dungeon Master ambushes – the dungeon master will release a
spectre to fight you, if or when he deems you to be a threat. The higher
your rank, the more likely this will be.
- Enemies are now susceptible to all status effects.
- Enemy and Trap projectiles will now collide with all enemies and containers, and not just the player.
- Final gold chest will drop tokens if already opened in a previous playthrough.
- Hard routes are unavailable at low ranks.
- If destroyed, chests will drop either a heart or a token.
- New ability – Immune to Fear.
- New collectible – EXP. Increases your experience towards the next rank.
- New collectible – Heart Container. Increase the maximum number of hearts you can collect (20 maximum).
- New collectible – Tokens. Use on Token Wells (see below).
- New enemy – Bandit. A hardened fighter.
- New enemy – Shield Runner. Relentless, spiked shield carrying enemy that will only stop when killed.
- New enemy – Sprite. Emits Fear and Poison shockwaves when it’s attacked or senses danger.
- New exit criteria – Pyramids. Emits Fear, Poison and Daze
shockwaves, has a shield and must be destroyed in order to exit the
- New game logo.
- New gameplay mechanic – Token Wells. Expend a token for a chance to receive a random bonus.
- New status effect – Fear. You lose control and flee.
- New trap – Spinning arrow shooter.
- Player projectiles produce a splash on impact with water.
- Ranks – The better you play, the higher your rank becomes.
- Stats – Rank, Time Played, Escapes, Times Died and more is recorded and viewable.
- Status effect precidence – Fire > Fear > Poison > Daze
- spinning blade to Mayhem (spawns at level 10).
- Challenge rooms removed from possible teleport destinations and replaced with a Token Well room.
- Chest winnings are now dropped instead of being automatically collected.
- Game completely rebalanced.
- Mayhem score system. Kill enemies with an active status effect to earn more points.
- Player/Enemy speed is reduced slightly when walking on water.
- Water extinguishes fire much faster!
- Bomb pots no longer activate by simply coming into contact with something.
- Control pad no longer vibrates if using mouse/keyboard controls.
- Dungeon Master portrait image fixed.
- Fire engulf time bug fixed.
- Many, many minor fixes and alterations.
- Many, many particles improved and new ones added.
- Many, many sprites improved or re-created.
- Player will no longer exit an area by being hit into the exit. The
player will only leave if they move into the exit intentionally.