This file patches the Deus Ex mod ZODIAC so the proper AI barks are used for the UNATCO soldiers in the Holloman AFB level. To install, simply replace...
The year is 2052 and the world is a dangerous and chaotic place. Terrorists operate openly, killing thousands; drugs, disease and pollution kill even more. The world's economies are close to collapse and the gap between the insanely wealthy and the desperately poor grows ever wider. Worst of all, an ages old conspiracy bent on world domination has decided that the time is right to emerge from the shadows and take control. No one believes they exist. No one but you.
The Deus Ex Advancement Mod Designed Primarily for Immersive Sim Enthusiasts and Deus Ex Fans.
- Tech goggles can see through walls (albeit with short range) at advanced and master environ skill level.
- Demolitions increases blast radius & at master level gas grenades can K.O unaugmented pawns with the initial concussion-inducing blast.
- Combat strength increases melee attack speed in addition to damage to balance out against Microfibral Muscle, and because fun.
- Speed Enhancement produces noise when crouched, therefore making silent running worth a damn.
- Restored Aggressive Defensive System's ability to detonate proximity mines for balancing reasons.
- Increased microfibral muscle throw velocity a touch.
- Implemented Rate of Fire mods.
- Weapon mods are now stackable in the inventory.
- Improved ballistic impact effects further.
- Removed custom glock as rate of fire mods made it somewhat redundant and rebalanced pistol stats.
- Reduced grenade detonation time by 1 second and increased throw range a touch.
- Pepper gun & fire extinguishers are significantly more reliable.
- Minor recoil adjustments.
- GEP gun now accepts clip size weapon mods. Fire rockets in succession, compatible with the new guidance systems too.
- Buffed tranq dart damage so that every human NPC that does not have a helmet, is not augmented or invincible can be K.O'ed with one shot to the head.
- Renamed the assault gun to the name it is given in the blueprints found in-game.
- Increased running anim speed by 5% and melee attack speed by 10% to make them look a touch more convincing.
- AI notice when cameras are beeping at you and hunt in the direction they are looking in. (hardcore mode only).
- Increased running animation rate by 5% to make them look more convincing. Melee attack by 10% (this one also makes them more threatening).
- Nerfed vanilla mib & Wib
- Many changes to barks and pain/death/K.O sounds for realism.
Effects & Audio:
- Significant improvements to gore.
- Heavy EMP damage disables the HUD. Find a way to reboot it.
- throwing objects in water makes a splash effect.
- Added new footstep sounds for when landing from height (currently wood and carpet only, more to come).
- Slowed camera spinning speed upon player death and added screen flash upon death.
- Improved rocket & explosion effects further.
- Minor modification to electricity effects.
- Improved plasma effects further.
- Increased chance of containers spawning trash, less chance to spawn rat.
- Increased number of fragments spawned by deco when taking damage.
- Increased the speed of tracers a touch.
- Significantly increased chances to gib the player from explosives. Originally you could take rockets to the face, you'd die but just flop to the floor instead of becoming mince meat.
- Significant improvements to NYC streets maps.
- Fixed crashing when hacking a terminal in NYC sewers.
- Fixed an AI issues when stealing from one of the triads.
- Distributed rate of fire mods across the game according to the approach in vanilla design.
- Added additional aesthetic detail to a small number of maps.
- Removed liberty island plants present in v6.1.
- Made non-swinging cameras reset view rotation after tagging player (vanila fix)
- Fixed bug that makes carcasses already in a map with a weapon in it's inventory just crap out as it has not got spawned ammotype (vanila fix).
- there was a small variation in the time you could pick up a body you just killed/K.O'ed. This is now removed. (vanilla fix).
- Removed haxor line from GMDX load path.
Note to players of GMDX v6.1 ONLY: this should be fine to install on top of a current playthrough and continue.
This is likely to conclude development of the mod. I may pick it back up again one day.