v6.3 release of the Deus Ex Advancement Mod designed primarily for Immersive Sim enthusiasts and Deus Ex fans.
The year is 2052 and the world is a dangerous and chaotic place. Terrorists operate openly, killing thousands; drugs, disease and pollution kill even more. The world's economies are close to collapse and the gap between the insanely wealthy and the desperately poor grows ever wider. Worst of all, an ages old conspiracy bent on world domination has decided that the time is right to emerge from the shadows and take control. No one believes they exist. No one but you.
New Player-controlled Mechanics:
- New accessible inventory shortcuts: right click an item in the inventory to use or equip. Middle mouse to drop.
- Added double click option for holstering weapon to prevent accidental holstering of weapons when trying to interact with the world. Very useful.
- AI react to unconscious NPCs as well as dead.
- If an AI spots a corpse he raises an alarm.
- Enemy AI sometimes seek out the location they spotted the player (if they didn't confirm to be a threat).
- Enemy AI no longer react the same way to the player carrying corpses as they do to ones on the floor (it ignored all sighting code (reaction times, player lighting etc) and ran to the corpse as if you weren't standing there holding it, only to spot you as the AI got closer).
- Player can be seen while laser mod is on even if cloaked.
- Fixed the plot conflict of the commercial-grade security bots having stealth technology (cloak) and rockets. Only the advanced model MJ12 uses has these now.
- Increased greasel attack rate.
- Thrown corpses now produce audible sound upon impact, and this sound alerts nearby NPCs too.
- NPC death screams now alert nearby NPCs (just a few feet for gameplay balancing).
- If holding a carcass or TNT crate friendly NPCs may get frightened or attack.
- Robots emit sparks if health is low.
- Decreased the collision radius of rats so they do not float over edges.
- Added variation to facial features of the NSF, MJ12 and Rooks gang.
- Cloaked enemies are now harder to see.
- Fairly rarely, an enemy may cloak immediately upon entering state attacking (spotted the player, activate combat).
- Added new cloak activation effects: visual and audible.
- MJ12 Elite always deactivate cloak (Thermoptic Camo) upon losing the player.
- EMP damage always disables an enemies' cloak, and for good.
- Weapons no longer spawn silent bullet casings if it has a silencer on, meaning (very) nearby enemies will hear them hitting the floor and investigate.
- Sped up AI reaction times a little more.
- Anna Navarre cloaks earlier.
- Poisoned augmented MiB's play a unique pain sound.
- added a new MiB to the game that has different augmentations.
- Increased the duration of camera confusion after being hit by EMP
- Cameras take less time to spot the player (-1 second).
- Increased AI animation rate for pushing alarm buttons by 10%, increased AI melee attack rate & tween time (small implementation with significant results), and decreased pain animation rates by 10%.
- Bots have unique weapon select sounds rather than all using the assault gun select sound.
- Gave all Military Bots a spiderbot constructor grenade launcher, similar to the spiderbot grenades from Invisible War.
- Created a new type of spiderbot: a miniture one that can fit in vent shafts. Another implementation inspired by Invisible War.
- Military bots can be heard stomping to a greater range, and the screen shakes a little more.
- Slowed the run animation rate of augmented MIBs.
- Increased the range in which AI can use the mini crossbow.
- NPC's that are blown up no longer have death screams.
- Hitting the head with the baton or prod now has a 8x damage multiplier as all other weapons do.
- Most main enemy NPCs (NSF, MJ12 etc) try to backpedal if getting attacked by melee weapons.
- Most main enemy NPCs strafe more often in close combat
- Some enemies use 20mm EMP grenades (see immediately below).
- New Ammo type: 20mm EMP grenades for the underbarrel grenade launcher.
- Reduced the damage of the crowbar and the combat knife ever so slightly.
- GEP Gun Scope remote control no longer automatically deactivates after the rocket is destroyed and remote controlled rockets move slower so they are easier to control.
- The PS20 is now three times as deadly (same damage as a plasma rifle shot).
- Gave Minicrossbow a new satisfying fire sound, increased it's base rate of fire further, fired darts produce varied sfx upon impact dependent on what it is hitting,and finally sparks are produced upon impact also.
- Increased the size of all shell casing types.
- Improved throwing knifes significantly more.
- Improved the pepper gun a little.
- Gave the sniper rifle a more suitable firing SFX-The stealth pistol is now fully-automatic.
This is of greater significance than you'd think.
- If upgrading Environmental Training skill Tech googles now stack in the inventory & last longer based on skill level too.
- Multitools can now be used to hack devices at a distance. Range increases further based on multitools skill.
- At low-tech trained both throwing knifes and darts are easier to see in flight, and improved the in-flight effect (no more light).
- Stealth skill level 2 sets camera alarm trigger timer back to vanilla levels instead of reducing footstep sounds now that run silent is no longer redundant.
- Master level stealth skill now also reduces the cooldown period of robots by 30%, and trangenically-modified animals (greasels & karkians) can be distracted from attacking by throwing corpses as bait. Karkians no longer have this corpse-prioritizing behaviour by default, and both greasels and karkians eat faster to prevent bait being too reliable.
- Robots are not set to friendly alliance for as long a time period when hit by a scrambler grenade. However, the time is multiplied by damage as it was vanilla. The result is scrambler grenades are not as effective if used at untrained demolitions skill, but the effectiveness is improved as you upgrade said skill.
- Advanced Level of Demolitions makes proximity mines beep periodically, revealing their locations.
- scrapped max low-tech skill increasing range as it was unnecessary.
- If using microfibral muscle's power throw, pillows and cardboard boxes cause non-lethal damage. Everything else is lethal.
- Ballistic protection now eliminates flinching and protects against blunt weapons to be a balanced choice VS the passive variant.
- Added the protection values of Energy Shield to the aug's description.
- Reduced Spy Drone Bioelectricity drain a little more.
- Sped up the holster anim rates for combat strength.
- Reset Radar Transparency aug energy drain rates back to default.
Effects & audio:
- Added five new groups of footstep sounds bringing the total number of groups up to 12, so you'll be hearing less of JC's (and NPC's) clip clop clogs and instead more variety.
- Added new bullet ricochet sounds if hitting metal objects or walls.
- added metal impact sound for when landing from height onto metal.
- Sped up tracers a little more.
- Improved Explosion effects once again: screen shakes if in close proximity, explosion fragmentation gives off smoke trails & light, variation of debris spawned & improved explosion sprites themselves.
- Thrown corpses now produce audible sound upon impact, and this sound alerts nearby NPCs too.
- Improved Plasma Rifle & PS20 effects further.
- Gave FireExtinguisher a more appropriate spray sound.
- Added the improved gore for the mechs that explode on death, which were special cases.
- Melee attacks now draw damage decals when striking level geometry, decal type dependent on texture group (if stone, crack. if metal, dent etc).
- Flesh Fragments are less bouncy
- Eating Soy Food now plays unique SFX (think the soda burp equivalent).
- Gave the binoculars a zoom-in sfx.
- Bullet impact effects now spawn if hitting metal decorative objects.
- Gave stealth pistol a new fire sound.
- Improved Grenade Launcher effects a touch.
- Added sounds for attaching lasers, silencers and scopes.
- Throwing knifes have new SFX for throwing and upon impact.
- If the object is made of glass, it always makes a glass smashing sound when destroyed.
- Gore now slides down the walls under certain conditions, and more blood is spawned.
- Added additional effect when landing in water from height.
- Increased intensity of view flash upon death of player.
- simulated jumping & landing camera/FPP view model effects are less intense if holding pickups or a carcass, and also toned down filching effect a touch.
- Refined the behaviour of the other new camera/FPP view model effects introduced in GMDX.
New GMDX options menu allowing the player to configure the following:
~ Hardcore mode Plus: if enabled save points require 100 credits to use. The result is Risk vs Reward design is significantly enhanced and credits have more purpose.
~ Alternate ammo can be colour-coded in the toolbar so you easily know what ammo is loaded without having to stop & squint.
~ Player can now choose # of autosave slots via the GMDX options menu.
~ Player can toggle carried object translucency via the GMDX options menu.
~ Player has the option to halve total ammo capacity.
~vPlayer can turn off extra gore effects.
~ Player can turn off double click holstering.
- Text for books, datacubes and other readables scaled up so is easy to read at higher resolutions.
- Unused textures for cigarettes, candy bars and soda cans are now used.
- Various light fixtures & Hanging animal carcasses are highlighted when targeted as most other decoration types are.
- New right click interactivity for Hanging Pig, Hanging Chicken & TAD object types, which previously had no right click-triggered interactivity.
- New interactive objects in general (only Rock & Log so far, in addition to the new 20mm EMP ammo type and singular shotgun shells).
- Increased the translucency of carried decoration even more so.
- Increased environmental electricity damage a touch.
- Increased the speed of all spawned fragments slightly, and robots spawn more fragments upon their destruction.
- Increased the speed of blood pool & water pool decal scaling a little.
- Added a player grunt sound for when throwing corpses.
Bugs & Optimization:
- Pickups no longer break to gas grenade explosions, and flares cannot be ignited by striking them with a baton. (GMDX)
- Optimized gore to be less performance-intensive. (GMDX)
- Cut down on the number of smoke-emitting objects spawned when an object is blown up as the particles can be resource-intensive. (GMDX)
- Set cage light back to invincible for a number of reasons. (GMDX)
- Fixed a bug where if you were carrying decoration and then double click frobbed a carcass you could carry both the carcass and the decoration. (GMDX)
- Cut down on log spam + other code optimization. (GMDX)
- Battery Park non-lethal bug fixed. (Vanilla)
- Fixed a vanilla bug where the sawed off didn't play it's cocking sound after the last shell in a clip was fired, yet the animation still played. (Vanilla)
- Fixed bug where if using a charged pickup upon entering mission 5 (Beneath UNATCO in the cell) it would bug out (Vanilla).
- Cut down on the number of collision sounds made by shell casings as they often overrode ambient sounds.(Vanilla)
- Fixed a remaining map bug on Vandenberg_Command that caused Stephanie Maxwell to not talk to you. (Vanilla)
The following maps have received notable attention:
- Liberty Island
- Battery Park
- Paris Club
- Hong Kong Underworld
- MJ12 Lab
- vandenberg computer
- vandenberg command
Most maps have received a number of minor tweaks, however.