Deriva is an innovative tactical survival role-playing game. Jump on your boat and sail away towards unknown islands. Train your "derivan" to eat the strangest fruits and build a home to survive the most deadly storms.
In the past month we really did a lot of things to improve our game. The most important feature is related to the save/load system.
Posted by damiandj90 on Feb 28th, 2014
In the past month we really did a lot of things to improve our game. The most important feature is related to the save/load system. Now when you play the game it saves the world automatically every second. So if the game crashes you can restart and continue to play on the latest saved point. Not everyting is saved yet, but we are on the right track :). Then we improved the boat sailing and control system. There is now also a water trail made by the boat. The first image shows the top-down view from the world menu where you can continue to control your player/boat.
We spent the most of the time on cleaning up the code and optimizing the memory usage. The world editing tools got also a few improvements. But what we now really like is the possibility to carry heavier items by using both hands. And if you let destructable items fall, then you will see the damage on collision with the floor like in the second image.
One last image to show off that we also introduce a few new items. The golden coin for example.
That's all for now, let's go back to work!
If you like what we made so far don't hesitate to follow us.
And of course, constructive criticism is always appreciated ;)
THIS IS AN ALPHA BUILD, GAME CONTENT IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE
or from our website www.derivagame.com
- NEW [game]: the current game is saved and you can resume it
- NEW [game]: now you can save and import every object/island on islands and worlds
- NEW [game]: now there is a item velocity limit
- NEW [game]: boat water sail trail
- NEW [game]: coin and paper items
- NEW [game]: to carry heavy items you need now to use both hands
- NEW [game]: if boat follows wind direction it will gain a speed boost
- NEW [editor]: item spawn with right console command
- IMPROVED [game]: boat movement and collision
- IMPROVED [game]: shader run performance
- IMPROVED [game]: ingame cursors
- IMPROVED [game]: island random generation
- IMPROVED [game]: tomb model and spawn position
- IMPROVED [game]: now you can hit boats with items
- IMPROVED [game]: island spawn position
- IMPROVED [game]: language files
- IMPROVED [editor]: movement and place functions
- IMPROVED [launcher]: now you can stop the updating process
- FIXED [game]: multiple clouds influence bug
- FIXED [game]: sun light bug
- FIXED [game]: crafted items destruction
- FIXED [game]: player didn't die on world's menu
- FIXED [editor]: place objects/items
- FIXED [editor]: item/object removing